Routing wires thru firewall? Which access point? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Routing wires thru firewall? Which access point?

Tn4x4

Reaction score
hey I'm wanting to install off road lights on my 2010 sport Trac but I don't see any access thru the firewall???

Has anyone routed wires thru firewall for switches in cab, if so, Where?

Would rather avoid drilling into wall....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There Should Be a Rubber Grommet for the Throttle cable , thats were i normally poke mine threw , hope i helped , Good luck

Where's the throttle cable? I'm not really a mechanic....

And what you use to poke thru with?

a flashlight will help , i used a screwdriver to poke threw the rubber

You don't have a tb cable. 06+ Explorers and ST's have drive-by-wire throttle body.

but there still should be a rubber grommet in his firewall ,

But which grommet is better to use? I'm not finding very good access points on the st, it's almost like every grommet I look is so crammed with wires.

Makes me afraid to poke with metal object thinking I'd cut wire coating or something.

well i dont know then

I guess not many people mod the 2006+ models.....

Do we have grommet for drive by wire tb?

Might be in a cluster or harness, either way it has to pass thru the firewall somewhere.

Green I noticed you have a 08 ST

You havent wired anything through the firewall for anything or any mods done to your ST either???

On my 08 ST Limited, I needed to install wires to the grill area. Couldn't find anywhere on the drivers side to get through, so I finally drilled a hole on the passenger side just below the heater wires there. I put a grommet in the hole ran my wires through. It was much easier making a new hole than to try and get wires through on the drivers side.

Back