• Register Today It's free!

Sagging/crooked leafs anyone ?

jfman

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 manual tranny
My ex is a 95 4door. It has 205k miles and lived most of it's live in bumpy roads.

If I look at my leaf springs, they are sagging pretty bad. The top leaf is wavy, going up and down in some areas. It's pretty bad.

What year explorers can I get leafs from ? And at what mileage do they start to sag normaly?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All of them sag in the butt after a while, as far as I know. My 01 (4 door) did when I bought it about two years ago. I think my leaves are fine though.

I believe that you can get rear leaves from any 4 door from 90-01. However, if you get old springs they will have already sagged anyway. Try to get newer ones with low of miles, if possible.

My X sags to the driver side a little bit for whatever reason. Not sure if it is a leafspring problem or not, but it ws there before my BL, TT, shackles, and AAL, and it still is after. :S

My X sags to the driver side a little bit for whatever reason. Not sure if it is a leafspring problem or not, but it ws there before my BL, TT, shackles, and AAL, and it still is after. :S

Because the gas tank & driver are on that side. That is why the left sags more than the right.

jfman, your best options are add-a-leafs or new springs. Personally I wouldn't mess with finding ones from a junk yard but that's just me. For the time and effort it would take I'll pay for new springs.

yeah my sport leafs are saggy too, i noticed a lot of explorers lean a little more to one side, i dont know what deal with that is. Mines a 98 so maybe i will get some new leaf springs in the summer.

Just get your springs rearched. Should cost around $100.

Just get your springs rearched. Should cost around $100.

Not really an option... My spring are so worn, that the leaves are digging into each other. By that I mean you can see where the tip of every leaf in wearing against the other leaf, making that leaf thinner.

Back