FAT CAT

meaty beaty big & bouncy
Reaction score
City, State
Baja California
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Hey guys, I need your help...

I have a guy that wants to buy my Explorer and turn it into a prerunner/Race truck. He wants just the body, engine, trans, and maybe the front bumper and coilovers if they will work for his new front end. He wants to make it a 2 wheel drive truck with some kind of long travel front and a linked 9 in the back.

I told him my cage probably won't pass SCORE regs. but maybe CODE or one of the desert series. The price he wants to pay isn't enough to pay off the loan so I can give him the title, so I'd have to part out all the stuff he doesn't need to make up the difference.

My question is; is it worth the trouble to sell these parts and can I get 2.5k+ for them. I really don't want to ship the big stuff, so I'd be limited to just the Cal, AZ areas so I could deliver them or have Perry McNeil deliver them to AZ cause he goes there all the time to race and deliver trucks.

He is what I'd be selling;

75 Dana 44 from EB. Disc brakes, Aussie locker, chromo axles, Superwinch lockouts, heavy duty diff cover, 5.13 cryo'd gears, hydo assist. ram and tapped steering box.

8.8 rear axle, Detriot locker, Super 8.8 chromo axle kit, heavy duty diff cover, 5.13 cryo'd gears, antiwrap bar.

2 14" Fox resi's

Doubler with transfer case and all mounts and cross members...drive shafts too if wanted.

CAGE radius arms, with heims but no frame mounts.

Front tube bumper with winch mount?. Maybe the rear tube bumper if he doesn't think it will work.

Maybe the front coilovers if they don't work for him.

Well, what do you think??? Sounds like a pain to me, but if I can sell these items for what I need, it will work. Any ideas if there would be any interest in this stuff?

Thanks!

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You could probably get rid of that stuff in a heartbeat on PBB. That's all gold. :D

I already called dibs on the doubler, you just didn't see that and if you argue with me you will never see your axles.

75 Dana 44 from EB. Disc brakes, Aussie locker, chromo axles, Superwinch lockouts, heavy duty diff cover, 5.13 cryo'd gears, hydo assist. ram and tapped steering box. $900-1200 for axle, not sure about the steering

8.8 rear axle, Detriot locker, Super 8.8 chromo axle kit, heavy duty diff cover, 5.13 cryo'd gears, antiwrap bar. $300-400, more if you sit on it.
2 14" Fox resi's- depends on tube size, generally this stuff on dez rangers is listed for about 60% of retail

Doubler with transfer case and all mounts and cross members...drive shafts too if wanted. $37.99 to me

CAGE radius arms, with heims but no frame mounts. $150

Front tube bumper with winch mount?. Maybe the rear tube bumper if he doesn't think it will work $150-250

I have pretty much sat on all of the above minus the doubler from my old truck. Nobody has ever offered anywhere near what that stuff is worth so I would rather have it for a future project. It sure was nice to have it when the time was right instead of have to replace it for 3x the money.

I call dibs on the cage arms! haha

Dannys list is pretty accurate.

An the coil overs if the price was right.

....Stop it....I'm drooling on the keyboard over that front axle....and I'm tapped out...:(

I'd be interested in the tapped steering box and the ram if you are willing to separate it from the axle.

Guess we will let the Moderators fight this one out........

This is sad....but I'm glad to see there is intrest;) I have no need for any of this...sense the doubler has ben spoken for...twice!:rolleyes::p:

This would be grat for some one who wants to do a SAS, or even a 3rd gen 2xSAS:D

Hey all:)

The axles are the most important, that's what I really want to make sure I can sell. I'd rather not sit on them for too long...

I'm hoping to get more for the 8.8;
Detroit $600
Super 8.8 kit $550
Diff cover $100
Gears $200
Antiwrap $150

That's just what I have in it, not including the 8.8, so I was thinking about half that or $800 or so...

Oh, I forgot the rims and tires too 39.5 Iroks on 17x8 alloy rims.

I'll keep everyone informed, there are still some issues the guy has with the truck. He doesn't like the 3" body lift & its welded in there now & some other stuff, but I'm not lowering the price. He wants it mostly for the cage cause to have McNeil do one like mine will run $3,000 or so plus the truck...

I'd rather sell the thing whole, but we'll see. Let me know if anybody wants the axles as that will help make things move faster.

Oh, the Doubler & t-case will be $700 or so or $1,000,000,000,000 if it's for a moderator of this forum:D

I may be interested in the tires and rims if the price is right.

yeah, you can get 8 bills for that 8.8 I'd say.

stuff doesn't last long on PHX craigslist.

Also, another local board here that gets a lot of activity is

azvirtualjeep.com if you wanted to list that stuff there.

*edit- just saw this axle http://www.azvirtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=1899 is pretty similar to your front axle, he dropped the price down to 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back