Sct x4 flashed to stock tune and now a check engine lights on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sct x4 flashed to stock tune and now a check engine lights on

Cardwell

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Rosa ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
I tried to reflash my 2017 explorer sport ecoboost 3.5l back to stock and all kinds of check engine lights came on with traction control and hill assist. When I started, it surged forward like it was in gear. So, I figured I'd refresh back to the AO auto octane tune and everything is back to normal. I'm concerned because I live in California and can't smog it with a tune on. Can anyone give feedback on what to do. Thanks guy's

What does the tune company state?

What does the tune company state?

Disclaimer: GH Sales LLC is not responsible for damage resulting from any modification performed by, produced by or recommended by us. Buyer assumes all risk for modifications and is responsible for any mechanical failures resulting from these modifications. Completely stock vehicles break every day for no reason. Gearhead tunes require all emissions equipment to be in functional condition.

I'm going to try again today to flash it back to stock after installing the oem map sensor. A guy from another thread said that happened to him and he just flashed it again to stock back to back and things were fine. I'm just concerned because I live in California and can not have a tune on when doing a smog check.

Back