Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp

Will and me will be in the area of fishfoods probably around noon on Friday the 15. I sent DominicanX a text to see when he is planning on coming.im sure more details will come up as it gets closer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds good. Look forward to seeing what it can do now

So you think my lil 2wd will be ok for the mail trail? Not gonna bother on any of the real trails, I know Hulk is limited with his limited number of powered wheels.
I might try to get a friend to come, guess you guys don't care if a yota or heep comes?

Don't mind at all. Can't wait truck just went in for a $3500 trans job...be ready Thursday...

There is a hill there I hit a few times and didn't make(just before losing low range n x case)
It's about 3-400yards long/tall as steep as hill I climbed at fishfoods but softer dirt no trees and its straight... I hit it n low(should have been hi) didn't try but a few times, and didn't air down... Wait till you see it...

So you think my lil 2wd will be ok for the mail trail? Not gonna bother on any of the real trails, I know Hulk is limited with his limited number of powered wheels.
I might try to get a friend to come, guess you guys don't care if a yota or heep comes?

Hell i would try every thing.im sure ill be the one towing you out and i dont mind towing you a couple times just to see what your truck can handle;)so you in now? You going to be coming up friday and staying till sunday or just coming up Saturday for the gwnf run? There is alot to do at fishfoods besides 4x4ing remember and you can always ride along and see if you think you can handle them;)bring as many people as you can,its more fun with more people.

Don't mind at all. Can't wait truck just went in for a $3500 trans job...be ready Thursday...

There is a hill there I hit a few times and didn't make(just before losing low range n x case)
It's about 3-400yards long/tall as steep as hill I climbed at fishfoods but softer dirt no trees and its straight... I hit it n low(should have been hi) didn't try but a few times, and didn't air down... Wait till you see it...

You know im game to try anything i dont think will DAMAGE my truck;)

Im 90% sure I'm coming, guess no one is coming with me though.
Bike probably isn't coming either, my dad is doing my top end. Which while that is great (he's pretty darn good at building mx engines) he also has some paying jobs that need to get done, as well as a full time job, and a house that needs work. So the bike is outta commission for a good month or so.
I'll probably bring the kayak though, just don't look forward to the gas mileage driving from Georgia to Virgina with a kayak strapped to the roof :D

Should I bring tools? Guess I'm not going to need any spare parts right? What about a jerry can (well 5 gallon race can)?

Thanks! Look forward to meeting you guys and giving hulk his chance to be a real truck!

Im 90% sure I'm coming, guess no one is coming with me though.
Bike probably isn't coming either, my dad is doing my top end. Which while that is great (he's pretty darn good at building mx engines) he also has some paying jobs that need to get done, as well as a full time job, and a house that needs work. So the bike is outta commission for a good month or so.
I'll probably bring the kayak though, just don't look forward to the gas mileage driving from Georgia to Virgina with a kayak strapped to the roof :D

Should I bring tools? Guess I'm not going to need any spare parts right? What about a jerry can (well 5 gallon race can)?

Thanks! Look forward to meeting you guys and giving hulk his chance to be a real truck!
O wow that is a hike.how long you think it will take you? Im coming from va beach so its a good hike for me to.
Take you planing on coming up fri?

Maybe, gotta look at how much $ I got. Might need to work friday. And I know it is :( but all we got here is red clay, so you need lockers and MT for anything other than a dirt road. I was wanting to take a trip anyways, so might as well go NE since I aint been that way yet!

Maybe, gotta look at how much $ I got. Might need to work friday. And I know it is :( but all we got here is red clay, so you need lockers and MT for anything other than a dirt road. I was wanting to take a trip anyways, so might as well go NE since I aint been that way yet!

Right on;)

Alright, looks like Ima leave at seven am friday, get there at 2ish. Bringing a tent, cooler, some tools, and the kayak. Missing anything?

BTW, adding quick disconnects tomorrow!

Truck is back in my possession w/new trans!!!!!!
Feels peppier than ever!

BTW also flushed both diffs and x case and refilled with synthetic...free

Truck is back in my possession w/new trans!!!!!!
Feels peppier than ever!

BTW also flushed both diffs and x case and refilled with synthetic...free
woooo! haha

and i need to do that... i think im killing my locker, prob full of water and both diffs leak. and ive never touched my tcase, prob full of water... -_-

Riverside trail open

hey guys.... just got back from my place and i found that one of my neighbors has mowed the riverside trails and done an excellent job. Now we wont be dealng with trying manuever through head high weeds and worrying about dropping off into the river. They have even cleared a big area for fishing and even some riverside camping.....even a couple paths that should probably only be done in 4wd depending on weather.

Another option for those of you that are adventurous is that i can show you where the property limits are on the other p'iece down the road and you can blaze whatever trails you want to. it wouldn't take much just some clippers and maybe a saw to cut away some of the sapplings. just another option.

My trails have a few deadfalls that need chainsaws but i will try and have that done before you get here.

dont know if i can provide food this time but i am trying to smoke some BBQ but no promises.

has anyone decided on the time and place for the saturday run ?

hey guys.... just got back from my place and i found that one of my neighbors has mowed the riverside trails and done an excellent job. Now we wont be dealng with trying manuever through head high weeds and worrying about dropping off into the river. They have even cleared a big area for fishing and even some riverside camping.....even a couple paths that should probably only be done in 4wd depending on weather.

Another option for those of you that are adventurous is that i can show you where the property limits are on the other p'iece down the road and you can blaze whatever trails you want to. it wouldn't take much just some clippers and maybe a saw to cut away some of the sapplings. just another option.

My trails have a few deadfalls that need chainsaws but i will try and have that done before you get here.

dont know if i can provide food this time but i am trying to smoke some BBQ but no promises.

has anyone decided on the time and place for the saturday run ?

Too excited!! My chainsaw Will be with me if needed...
Also as stated (maybe not) my parents own vabbq... I can bring some pork and sauce/sides for dinner for everyone a night...(unless you want to make it there)just need a head count.fridge?

This trip is sounding like it's getting even better every day! Cant wait to see how the new setup does on real trails.

The count down is on!!;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good thinking...my buddy may come too Idk if he Will drive his jeep but Idk.
We keep considering taking the kids since its fathers day(mines 3 his is 4)

Back