Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shoe Creek GWNF JUNE RUN+camp

Am I right that it is about a 3 hour drive from Chester? If I have the weekend open I plan on coming up for the day.

Well its all most time?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm a maybe at this point. I'm getting roped into some family events that I don't think I'll be able to get out of.

Any updates?

I'm out for this one. Playing catch up on a bunch of projects around my house and also was "volun-told" for a couple more at my father in law's place :D

I'll have to catch the next one!

Aww that sucks;(

Yeah I know :( but at least by the next one I'll have those sliders done.

Right on.hopefully ill have my 5speed,dual shocks up front and my paint done;)the im DONE,not doing anything else!:)

So what does it mean when you are driving along at 65mph and then when the trans goes to downshift, instead it being smooth theres a loud bang and the down shift is violent as hell! Well that's what I got Friday. Was able to drive home, and the Trans was happy as long as i stayed under 60mph.

So yeah... I'm f***ed

So what does it mean when you are driving along at 65mph and then when the trans goes to downshift, instead it being smooth theres a loud bang and the down shift is violent as hell! Well that's what I got Friday. Was able to drive home, and the Trans was happy as long as i stayed under 60mph.

So yeah... I'm f***ed

w00t...trans swap!

Let me know when you want to do that one :D

I may be looking at a truck swap! I'm getting a bit sick of this one's little into big issues. Anyhow. Bottom line is that i'm definitely out this run now.

Will: How's that Level 10 Trans shop? Another option is driving to NJ and letting them rebuild mine with all their "Bulletproof" pieces.

I may be looking at a truck swap! I'm getting a bit sick of this one's little into big issues. Anyhow. Bottom line is that i'm definitely out this run now.

Will: How's that Level 10 Trans shop? Another option is driving to NJ and letting them rebuild mine with all their "Bulletproof" pieces.

Haven't you replaced it before? Ever thought aboit 5 speed swap?

It looks like my friend might be bringing his jeep if that's okay with you guys

Haven't you replaced it before? Ever thought aboit 5 speed swap?

I did replace it. But i think the Torque Converter is what crapped out. Thought about the Manual Swap, but I figured I might as well upgrade to a V8 4dr, for more torque and space. Seen some under $5K with less than 90K miles on em.

We'll see what happens.

I did replace it. But i think the Torque Converter is what crapped out. Thought about the Manual Swap, but I figured I might as well upgrade to a V8 4dr, for more torque and space. Seen some under $5K with less than 90K miles on em.

We'll see what happens.

Yea that would be cool.alot of your parts would swap over to right? Be sad to see such a bad ass sport be passed on but i hear you on the problems.

Right on.hopefully ill have my 5speed,dual shocks up front and my paint done;)the im DONE,not doing anything else!:)

Yeah right... What about when you blow that ttb/ifs mess out? D44? I thought so lol

I talked with the owners of lvl ten and performance automatics...
Performance automatics is the only company that offers a lifetime warranty on all trans's...
Great companies though they are strictly a reman shop so u have to bring them the core meaning no diagnostics...
Performance automatic is close to you I'd call them up
I had a jasper remanufactured put in... Both shop owners agreed that without a accurate prognosis of what's wrong with mine they couldn't ensure it'd be good to go....

Performance automatic address
5119 Pegasus Court - Suite F Frederick Maryland 21704
http://www.performanceautomatic.com/index.php

Yeah right... What about when you blow that ttb/ifs mess out? D44? I thought so lol

I would have to blow it up a couple times before a did a sas and i would do a d60 before d44!;)remember i just built this d35 right before last trip,like hour before and my wheel fell off!!haha

I talked with the owners of lvl ten and performance automatics...
Performance automatics is the only company that offers a lifetime warranty on all trans's...
Great companies though they are strictly a reman shop so u have to bring them the core meaning no diagnostics...
Performance automatic is close to you I'd call them up
I had a jasper remanufactured put in... Both shop owners agreed that without a accurate prognosis of what's wrong with mine they couldn't ensure it'd be good to go....

Performance automatic address
5119 Pegasus Court - Suite F Frederick Maryland 21704
http://www.performanceautomatic.com/index.php

Awesome! Good to know there is someone close by. I will have to give them a call!

Thanks for the info Will

Awesome! Good to know there is someone close by. I will have to give them a call!

Thanks for the info Will

No problem... My buddy has a '66 fairlane with a 410 stroker...they built his trans...
It's a trailered drag only car; they recommend bringing it up each off season(core) for a free teardown/r&r.......forever

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Countdown follow up

i haven't posted in a while so i am trying to touch base on a couple of the salient points from the last several pages

Will, i appreciate the offer on the BBQ and will probably take you up on it next time....but for this time i will smoke my own..... how much does it cost / pound to get it from your folks? i am betting when it is all said and done that it is cheaper to get it from them.

as to fridge..... nothing there i have full size freezer but only a dormer size fridge... basically worthless.

i see a couple people talking about kids.... if you are camping at my place i am sure we can find some campspots close enough but far enough if we make too much noise.

Is there a specific run and meeting place set yet????? i may have some local folks that may join you for the GWNF portion of the run. At this point i am not sure whether i will be able to run or not as i might have too much to do at the house, i think some folks may just bring ATV's and hang at my place while the rest of you are in the forest.

Do we have a head count and an estimated time (or day) of arrival.

River levels are finally getting down to a level where fishing, floating, wading can be done. i have patched a handfull of inner tubes for river floats.

If you guys are doing shoe....be careful about the water levels....we have been having weird cloudburst type storms that will cause on area or another to flash. i do not have a good feel for how to check that. Maybe keep an eye on the guages from the AWA website for the upper Piney.

as to carrying a Kayak affecting gas mileage....i would not worry about it ....I carried kayaks on my vehicles almost continuously from 1985 through 1999. i was never ever able to establish a discernble fuel consumption issue.

Has anybody reached out to Brandon?

Back