should i sell my stock rims & tires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

should i sell my stock rims & tires?

keep 'em or sell 'em?

• keep the stock wheels and tires

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • sell the stock wheels and tires

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
when i got my new rims, i wanted to keep my stockers for a while until i knew everything was working out ok; well, everythings fine, and now i have 4 rims and tires taking up mucho space in the garage.

the rims are 16" teardrops in pretty damn good shape (if i dont say so myself ;) )

the tires are goodyears wrangler rt/s with about 6,000 miles on them - theyre in pristine condition.

for some reason, im having trouble just putting them up for sale. theyre probably never going to touch my truck again, but, "what if?" (and im sure that ill never have to worry about "what if?")

(my mind set right now is: im young, im not gonna use em, at least for a long time, and by that time (which would be more opportune because i will have graduated college and have a career), i could just buy another set of wheels and tires; while, for now, the money could do some wonderful things.)

so what do you guys think? sell em? or keep em, just in case?

(just in case anyones wondering, i would sell the tires on the rims, or i would split them ONLY if i could find a buyer for the tires first, cuz i know i could unload the rims alone in a few days...and please dont post here that you want dibs on them; if i decide to sell them, ill start a new thread then (except if youre doug moore since we had a deal a long time ago that fell through.))

thanks guys (and girls) and sorry this is so long and boring.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, 16 people have looked at this thread so far and only one voted. you guys must be lazier than i am. c'mon, just vote. im leaning towards selling them anyway ;)

(my mind set right now is: im young, im not gonna use em, at least for a long time, and by that time (which would be more opportune because i will have graduated college and have a career), i could just buy another set of wheels and tires; while, for now, the money could do some wonderful things.)

Well tbomb sound's like you've already convinced yourself, so sell'em and "do some wonderful things" :)

why not sell them. your new rims kick ass, so i doubt you'll ever put the stockers back on

Originally posted by tbomb
well, 16 people have looked at this thread so far and only one voted. you guys must be lazier than i am. c'mon, just vote. im leaning towards selling them anyway ;)

hope you don't mind i voted 14 times :D

sell em and get the $$$

I held on to mine for a while too, but I then realized I would never put them back on unless I sold it and... I"M NOT SELLING IT! But anyway, use your own judgement and if you post them here they will sell fast!

heh, thanks guys. i sold them last week :)

guess I should pay more attenion to the dates and the names!

Originally posted by taxxman2k
But anyway, use your own judgement and if you post them here they will sell fast!

Ive had mine for sell since I registered. I guess I'm asking too much, but I would take a reasonable offer. Oh well, theres always Ebay.

Originally posted by RTStork

Ive had mine for sell since I registered. I guess I'm asking too much, but I would take a reasonable offer. Oh well, theres always Ebay.

yah, i sold mine on ebay and posted a link here and told everyone that if they won the auction, they should mention this site in their email and id help them out with shipping on them. however, the guy who won wasnt from this site, heh.

I put keep, but only for a little while just so you know that they new ones are good and working

Back