Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Lets see 'em

12287Calico_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea Amazon is great I just bought some hella black magic lights from them free 2 day shipping, on top of that they were 50$ cheaper then every where else. Yea they got ripped off on your shipping lol Alaska

I like the STS... but...

ugh.
took 7 tires to find 5 good ones :rolleyes:

atleast, I'm pretty sure the 5 I have now are all good. Luckily I was able to get the 2 out of round ones replaced for free.

the tires do awesome in snow. Especially after/during a good snowfall, they fling snow pretty good. They do great on the ice too.

Happy with 'em, just wish they didn't share some characteristics of the other Interco tires :hammer:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

took 7 tires to find 5 good ones :rolleyes:
atleast, I'm pretty sure the 5 I have now are all good. Luckily I was able to get the 2 out of round ones replaced for free.
:

Yea I heard that they flat spot alot

Yea I heard that they flat spot alot

I haven't noticed it.
the few times it's gotten below 0*, don't notice it when I'm leaving for work.
and got a garage to park in, so wouldn't notice it in the mornings

IMAG0208.jpg

2.5" TT in front, 3" Lift in back from a WAR153 shackle set-up, and a Summit racing Short AAL.

32x10.5x15's Radial TSL's,on a 15x8 Rim with 4.0" BS. Custom front tube bumper. And Lots off road supplys sitting in the cargo area.

And just for quick ref- I have a 96 AWD v8 My wife has a 97 AWD v8 And this is mine parked next to hers.
IMAG0215.jpg

does anyone know where i can get a 4 or 4.5 in suspension lift for a 97 explorer all i can find is body lifts for that model an does anyone have pics of one with a 4 in suspension lift ?

Hey Wrigly, nice looking sport!!!

does anyone know where i can get a 4 or 4.5 in suspension lift for a 97 explorer all i can find is body lifts for that model an does anyone have pics of one with a 4 in suspension lift ?

Here ya go. plus like said above use the search it is your friend

Attachments

• Parking lot Flex.jpg
    Parking lot Flex.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 4,735

Hey was wondering where did you get the rack on top?

Just search for Roof basket in Google and you'll find some retailers that sell them.

Dear Mutineer,

HOLY CHRIST!

LOL!

Stolle.

I purchased it online from Proline Roofracks, My basket is smaller but I can purchase another twenty inches if need be. I think it ran around $120.00+shipping. Not a bad Rack for the money.

Blueka, I believe they are MBMotoring Razor Wheels. It says in his sig, they are 15x8 mb wheels. I assume thats what they are! They do look pretty sharp!

Blueka, I believe they are MBMotoring Razor Wheels. It says in his sig, they are 15x8 mb wheels. I assume thats what they are! They do look pretty sharp!

You are correct. And I got a hell of a deal on them...same price as cragar soft 8's! I am very happy with them. Discount tire rocks:D

I like the wheel/tire combo... it looks good. I'm looking at something like that when I eventually lift my sport.... but that's an age away yet....

Si

My 2nd Gen

Here is mine.....no lift yet but still goes anywhere :D....waitin on dough for a bl and shackles and what not.....anyone want to buy a 2008 raptor 700R Special Edition?

Pre-Rack:

dcaf712b2e07.jpg

a465b7881c9e.jpg

After Rack:

14ace5ea-e9dd-44b8-8894-0efa6a14369.jpg

MY 2nd Gen

Day I bought her:

n1282219458_30171535_7114.jpg

More recent ones....

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

Back