Photos - show off your LOWERED truck | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos show off your LOWERED truck

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Considering you only have 18" rims, that's nothing to really exactly preach about Spdracer. Slap some 20's with 45 series walls and I think you would loose very fast. And I'm sorry, the ride when you can go as low as possible without air sucks horribly, hence why I lifted it up 2" in the back and 1" in the front.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

2" front and rear
735307_27_full.jpg

Spdrcer34 said:
So far, I think I have the lowest X.....with out Air....

Yes, those are expo5.0's old rims...

Ryan

Hows the ride with the drop that far? I've been thinkin about pickin up a 1st gen myself.

Honestly, I haven't been able to drive it much.....I'm on vacation, and before I left, the drastric drop caused OTHER issues, such as a breaking the rubber fuel filler neck.......

I'll swap in a sport tank as soon as I get back, and go from there....

I also C-notched the frame (4.5"), so alot of the 'jerky-ness' that is NORMALLY associated with lowered cars is significantly reduced.

i want to see moreeeee

....feedback after being able to drive for a month.....

I LOVE THE RIDE!

Other than my front wheels bottoming out on the fender well every once-in-a-while.......(rarely happens, usually at high speeds that I shouldn't be doing in the 1st place)

Turns are nice and tight, the X is no longer as top heavy as it used to be, so the sway bar has to work that much less.

And the LOOK!.......Honestly who can say that it DOESN'T look good? Even you Off-roaders have to admit, that it's a nice CLEAN X......not overly done, nothing too drastic.

Ryan

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

Dayum, that thing's clean! Looks great.

Thats a really hot truck Bill, Nice work~

Thanks guys.

explorerchic & 99sportX, where did you guys get those spoilers under your front bumper from???? They look sweet! I would like to get one for mine.

Well this was my explorer before I sold it :(

744819_1_full.jpg

Scormunch said:
Well this was my explorer before I sold it :(

Why would you sell that!? :eek: :confused: :D

Yikes... I haven't been here in a while and I forgot how quickly people reply...

In retrospect it was a really bad idea. I was having tranny issues (slipping/weird vibrations) at 140k, the V8 was killing me with the gas mileage, it needed a new paintjob, etc. etc. Right now there's nothing I'd give more than to have it back. I absolutely hate driving a stock looking car, and I'd give up my 35mpg on premium for 20mpg regular in a heartbeat.

Right now I'm looking for a replacement explorer. Luckily I saved the EE Airdam and most of the audio stuff. The rest is all replaceable.

744819_3_full.jpg

Currently In Body Shop

truck_grass_2.jpg

499f38e4.jpg

hmmm....I thought you sold your X.....I know I saw it listed on eBay.....

Ryan

It was on Ebay for sale. Apparently nobody thinks it is worth what I think it is. Ha ha...then again. That is with every thing in this world. It did not sale.

i have yet to see any black rims... i personally like them better...

Back