SoCal 4x4 trip in October? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SoCal 4x4 trip in October?

The seats fold down.... :rolleyes: Besides there is always the roof rack :D
Even with the tent and sleeping bags on the roof, there's just not enough space for both dogs and primitive camp gear.

Did any one else hear that it may rain Saturday night or Sunday :(
Rain was in the forecast a few days ago, but it looks like it all moved south and I don't see any rain forecast there right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stic-o said:
Did any one else hear that it may rain Saturday night or Sunday :(
Where are you getting your weather?? I've been checking Accuweather and weather.com daily and have yet to see rain. However, it may be a bit windy out there.

Jefe said:
Where are you getting your weather?? I've been checking Accuweather and weather.com daily and have yet to see rain. However, it may be a bit windy out there.

I just heard on our local weather.....not for down there. But what the hell does anyone know about weather in So. Cal. :rolleyes:

" Today's forcast~ Sunny"

" Today's forcast~ Sunny"
" Today's........."

Stic-o said:
I just heard on our local weather.....not for down there. But what the hell does anyone know about weather in So. Cal. :rolleyes:
Well now AccuWeather is showing a 30% chance of rain for Monday. High for the weekend is down to the upper 80's now too. :thumbsup:

RangerX said:
Sorry to say that I won't be going . :( I need the time more than I need the fun, if that makes sense.
We'll catch you T-day weekend then. We'll try not to have too much fun w/o you. :p

hey jefe i noticed you put me in the stock category which i am far from......i bought sirhk100's truck. the old 93 is no more. she is now garage furniture. i sit in her and watch my garage tv through the windshield.....

exploderpilot said:
hey jefe i noticed you put me in the stock category which i am far from......i bought sirhk100's truck. the old 93 is no more. she is now garage furniture. i sit in her and watch my garage tv through the windshield.....
Ah, ok. You don't have mods listed anywhere, so I just had to assume.

The list is just a guess at where everyone is. I didn't go too in depth, mostly from memory if I've seen the truck before. Like I put Josh S in Big Dawgs, but can't remember if he's got lockers to prove it. I was just trying to get a feel for what kind of rigs were showing up, so I knew how much fun we were going to have. All I can say to the current list: I've got my tow strap ready! :D

J/K I'm gonna take it easy this trip. . .I'd rather you stockers get bit by the build-up bug rather than go home scared out of your wits.

so where is a good place to find you folks if i'm coming up saturday morning?
anybody gonna have gps or the like?

exploderpilot said:
so where is a good place to find you folks if i'm coming up saturday morning?
anybody gonna have gps or the like?
At Camp. I'm guessing we're going to be there till ~10am waiting for all of you. Follow the directions and map posted, and you shouldn't miss us. I believe there were GPS coordinates on one of the maps posted. I don't have my GPS handy to give you the point I have stored.

For all showing up on Sat. Just because I said 10am doesn't mean you can come rolling up at 9:59 and be good. :nono: I'm gonna be in my truck, aired down, locked, and shifting into 4wd at 10 am. :burnout: :D

EDIT:
My cells are 661-***-**** and 661-***-**** if you need directions or are going to be late.

GPS:
T-haven turnoff from 86:
N 33 18 10.5
W 115 58 54.2
T-haven camp:
N 33 17 33.5
W 116 00 16.7

Well, I got everything finished that I needed to get done and i'm all packed up. I'll see you guys out there tomorrow morning :D :thumbsup:.

Ok even though any one that cares is long gone... I cant make it i am getting sick and i cant afford gas at 2.41 a gallon:(

hopefully next time i can come.

ok guys, last post for me too, almost packed up and hittin the road right now...gotta get groceries and steal some wood :D ....see y'all out there.

Jefe-I don't have front AND rear lockers, but the detroit in the rear helps out a bit.

Later!

I'm looking forward to pics... I'm SO jealous!! the weather here has been fantastic and we've been stuck getting ready for our move. Just 2 weeks to go and we're in the new house :bounce:

It might be raining in the truckhaven area today..

Yup, SoCal weather radar shows rain headed their way.

I think the wind was my favorite part :eek:

It hadn't started raining by the time I left, but it was raining like crazy about half wa bay back to Arrowhead. Then there was the wind... eek. Nobody lost a tent, but it wasn't far from that.

In spite of some sand in our eyes, Rachel and I had a blast. I was a bit bummed not to see any other true stockers show up (everyone else was lifted and/or locked) because I know splitting into two groups would have allowed the big dogs more time to trash their trucks, but even so it was great fun.

Special thanks to all you guys being willing to take some easy stuff and spot for me. Felix walked me through stuff I certainly wouldn't have done otherwise, not to mention playing nanny to get me and CG back from "The arch" before dark.

I didn't take enough pictues, but those I have (some pretty good) are uploaded here.

Here are a few of them:
thaven-sm1b.jpg

thaven-sm1.jpg

thaven-sm2.jpg

thaven-sm3.jpg

thaven-sm4.jpg

thaven-sm5.jpg

thaven-sm6.jpg

thaven-sm7.jpg

thaven-sm8.jpg

I'm sorry I couldn't have gotten a post out before all you guys left about me not coming. My roommate had been sick most of last week, and Friday night I was all ready to head out in the morning, but started to feel a little weird, and on Saturday I was in no condition to make the trek out there, after seeing Ritsui's pictures I really wish I could make it :(.

Well made it back. Good times :D Exsept for the wind :mad:

Well Josh took off saturday morning at about 3am, drunk and alone :rolleyes: By the time I got there at 7am, Jefe said they tried looking for him but still had no idea what happend to him. Around 10am some of the others showed up and we went looking for him. We got back around noon and found Josh back at camp. I guess they started breaking stuff and just kept dring :rolleyes: ( I'll let Josh tell the story :p ) anyways It turns out he broke the both ears off the drivers side arm. On top of screwing up the front driveshaft. So Jefe got to use his welder :D I have picters of the carnage and weld ;) (will post soon) after spending 3-4 hours with Josh's truck and nurseing it back to camp. We went to the tunnel and played for a bit. we then went back to camp at dusk for dinner, but the wind was so bad we could not build a fire :( Super Burger it was. After getting back from SB the wind died down enough for a fire :banghead: we relaxed for a while as the wind came back. and then went on our night run :thumbsup: That was a blast. Sunday day some of us left around 10am and the rest were going back out. Great weekend :D

I like this picture

P2010038.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Steve, that's the most smilies i've seen in one post :p Thanks for letting me be co-pilot though. That was one of the best night runs i've been on out there despite some of the damage to the other rigs but they took it all in stride. I guess we had to make up for the lack of a day run, I shouldn't really say that, we had 2 mini runs one before and after Josh's repair mission. I barely got any sleep due to my tent flapping in the wind all night, better than the rain I guess.
Felix and I had a run in with the law at T-Haven...we were coming back to camp on Marina dr. and there were 2 jeeps off to the side of the road. One had a hole in the tranny pan and the other was out of gas. One of the guys flagged us down and asked for a ride back to camp so I did and he hopped in the back of my Ranger. Well, about 100 feet or so up the road there was a sheriff just pulling away from talking to someone on a quad and we started to pass him( the sheriff was coming in the oppsite direction). Now mind you i'm doing 20 mph if that so it's not like i'm driving like a maniac. The sheriff pulls a u-turn and lights us up so I pull over. He asks for Felixs' and my ID all well as the guy in the back and runs them all. We must have caught them in a "good" mood because he didn't write us up for anything, just gave us a warning and told us it's not safe for anybody to be riding in the back..blah blah blah. So much for trying to be a good samaritan huh. I wonder if they hassle people for jaywalking across Marina dr. :confused:
All in all I had a lot of fun out there and it was nice to meet some new faces from the board...Hope to see you guys on the next run.

Back