SoCal 4x4 trip in October? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SoCal 4x4 trip in October?

I'll be there Saturday, might stay overnight till Sunday, depends on the wife. I told her my buddy & I were going to get drunk & party with hookers all night, if she finds out I'm 4-wheelin', they'll be hell to pay!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CG said:
I'll be there Saturday, might stay overnight till Sunday, depends on the wife. I told her my buddy & I were going to get drunk & party with hookers all night, if she finds out I'm 4-wheelin', they'll be hell to pay!

But hookers are OK? :confused:

Brans Freestyle, BMXplorer, Christobal65, raginraj and taknitezX2: Please try to confirm or deny in a few days so CG, Rachel and I won't stuck without company. There's another run in Ocotillo on Saturday (totally different group) and Rachel and I are considering doing that if no stockers show up at Truckhaven. Either way, we'll still show up early on Saturday and camp at Truckhaven.

As for the "locked and loaded" (Cheif34, Fenderguy, RangerX, Felix, Gopher and jobunn): You guys need to confirm so if the rest of the stockers show up, the whole group won't look like a Girl Scout camp. :D

I plan on showing up though i may be driving my Neon down there.. You cant get much less stock ground clearance than that.

it looks like me and my roomate will be there in my explorer:) but for saturday only

Put me down for probable from Sat morning to Sun morning.

If I don't replace a u-joint in my front axle, I'll be with the 2WD group!

Count me in with the stockers! I'll try and make it down either Sat. night, or Sun. morning. Just depends on the weather.

RangerX said:
If I don't replace a u-joint in my front axle, I'll be with the 2WD group!

You say that like its a bad thing! :p

Weather is perfect out here in the desert now, it's in the upper 80's today. :D

It's not a bad thing but if it warms up too much, and the winds kick in I'll be riding in a big green fire engine instead.

That's not true...

There's nothing out there to burn.... It's almost all dirt! :D

Well, it's gonna be close for me this weekend...a $6 axle seal is keeping me from driving my rig right now. I was sent the wrong seal last week so hopefully they can send me the right one this week.

I am probable from Saturday morning to Sunday mid day.

Wow! 13 people so far :thumbsup:

When I started this I was expecting the usual 5 or so. This should be fun. :bounce:

I was hoping it'd continue to cool off but it looks like its gonna be in the low 90's. . .oh well.

Fenderguy said:
Well, sucks for me but I'm out. Don't have a rig and I'm out of town for family emergency this weekend. Have a good time.
Sorry to hear that. We'll catch ya another time then. You gonna try for Thanksgiving?

I heard it would be about 82 in the day and 56 at night ;)

Damn, im pretty pissed that i have to work weekends right now. sound like its gonna be a good turnout. Thats the way it goes with new work i guess. have fun guys and dont break nothin :eek: .

BTW: would any of ya be willing to give me a hand with installin a body lift. got mine sittin here but i know things will go smoother if someone whos done it before would give me a hand. ill come to you and pay or something. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jefe said:
Wow! 13 people so far :thumbsup:

When I started this I was expecting the usual 5 or so. This should be fun. :bounce:

That suprised me too...don't usually see that kind of turn out until the "big run".

Back