SoCal Meet & Greet | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SoCal Meet & Greet

i hear ya....but maybe you and i could run up there the next weekend as you said...from your house go thru lake elsinore to highway 74, ortega highway...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Count me in.

count you in on the ortega highway meet up??? this will be sunday when your scca race is on, lol... or the one out by fontana??? big bear is also coming up...

I thought this meet wasn't happening this weekend?

....and its F1!

the following weekend i believe for carlover and it's out by fontana...i need to see if black goblin wants to meet this sunday still or if he would rather wait and the bunch of us could meet out by fontana with carlover too the following weekend...

hanzo, i can run up to see you sunday....

This Sunday (10th) I'm going to the VW Classic at Irvine Meadow early, but might be able to meet afterwards. The following Sunday (17th) is Father's Day. I won't be able to make that. Pops and I usually go for a cruise in his '57 speedster.

I'm playing it by ear, I know more tomarrow.

thanks for the heads up on fathers day...i was thinking if black goblin is the only one going to make it to ortega, we could run across main divide road and still make the bug in....

If I go up there and we go on the main devide I would have to ride with you cause I don't think my saturn would like the trail lol. I could probably make it go up the trail but it would be kinda funny seeing a saturn do that lol.:D I am going to do my SOA tomorrow.:eek: I am going to have my friend weld it up on sunday if I am home.

black goblin...
lets wait and get your truck soa done and it will give me a little more time on my trucks...my ranger has a hub problem and Project X is working on getting tags :D...but lets hear besides next sunday, fathers day, what day everyone can meet ...and so far we got orteda highway area or fontana area to meet and greet and or camp and picnic...and don't forget big bear is coming too...

Sunday is also Truckfest (4wp show:rolleyes: ) out in ontario.

Well I am doing my SOA today and I am going to pull of my transfer case to see if it is the tranny or transfer case that is messed up.:eek: :D

I can meet pretty much any saturday evening or sunday all day.:D Just need to know when it is going to happen.:rolleyes: LOL.

stic o...is the truck fest this sunday???

stic o...is the truck fest this sunday???

Yes, at the convention center;) I can't go though, I have to go pick my in-laws down in the LBC, change my oil, and wash my truck for the first time sence Feb.:rolleyes:

i'll be picking up parts for the ranger in valencia on sunday and some for the X on saturday and somewhere in between i'm hoping the X will pass smog :D..i would like to try to make it to the bug in in irvine this weekend to see froaders dad but will see...my lack of sleep has caught up to me and pismo was the best sleep i had in a month, lol...

Ok Guys so I was thinking... what about a light run with meet and greet. This run would be doable even for 2wd, but you'll get see some dirt and some back country nature.

Here's what I was thinking,

Start at Mt. base in morning 210 and 2. Head north up Angels Crest Hwy. just past the the Mt Wilson turn off is a trail called Rincon Shortcut. This trail is a 26 mi. fire road that goes from Hwy 2 to Hwy 39. Once you exit the trail on the 39 side Azusa OHV(4x4 only) is right there. I use to due this trail in my old 2wd pre runner ranger all the time:thumbsup:. Takes a few hours, and then we could play in the OHV park, just don't ask me to play in the mud...:rolleyes: Not a big fan of mud...if there is any.

anyway so I was thinking maybe June 23rd or 24th just a day run, and maybe we all grab some dinner afterwards or something.

Thoughts?

more info on the trail

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a good plan but I think the 39 is closed...see below from the Angeles Forest website:

Current Road Closures

The Angeles Crest Highway (SR2) is closed between Islip Saddle and Vincent Gap (indefinitely because of several washouts). (State)
Ridge Route from Lake Hughes Road to Templin Highway - All modes of transportation (Forest Service)
Glendora Mountain Road - Closed from the City of Glendora north to the Glendora Ridge Road (County)
Highway 39 - Closed from just above the west fork of San Gabriel Canyon (State)
The Santa Clara Divide Road between Mill Creek Station and a point one mile west of Alder Saddle is open (there is a total washout 1/4 mile west of Alder Saddle); this includes access to Mt. Pacifico Campground. (Forest Service)
The gate to Skyline Park Picnic Area and the observatories is open from April 1 through November 30, 10:00am to 4:00 pm.

Back