some confusion on tire sizes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

some confusion on tire sizes

I plan to get some wheels. Lookin' at the USWheels brand, but I have a few questions. I can get either 15x7" with 3.75" BS or same with 4.5" BS... OR I could get 15x8" with 3.75" BS... Model #'s (94-5712,94-5712P,94-5812) I don't know how much Backspacing will affect anything, so here's the tires first...

BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...CategoryDetailStyl.do?tpc=MTAVL5&tp=Truck/SUV

Which of these would fit? I understand the normal format but some of the ones for 15 inches I have no idea what the beginning is.... it goes from the format LT265/75R etc to 33-1050R etc? What in the hell... Looking for a total of about 31"s btw.

I just need to select the tires and order, pretty much. But damnit, these tire sizes confuse me. :p

Thanks for help, I'm off to lunch and see if there's any responses when I get back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why dont you just get the 31x 10.50s then.

Since your getting new rims get the 15X8. They are wider & will make the bigger tires work better with the additional rim width. If you stay with 15X7 might as well use stock rims since it's the same size. Your on the money with the backspacing. 3.75' is just about right for the X. The rims will stick out just a tad from the fenders, you gain alot more witdh overall, the X will feel more stable, & the 8" rim width will let you go even bigger then 31's if you ever want. If you want 31's then the 31X10.5X15 is what you looking for.

Will this fit 15x8" rims? I just ordered some 8"s, if it'll fit them I'll order them right now! :)

go to www.4wheelparts.com

all weekend you get 10% off + if you buy 4 BFG's you get an instant $60 rebate + free shipping.

Hell, 4 35" tires were going to cost me $560 shipped... im sure the 31's will be next to nothing.

good luck :chug:

Back