some info on a lift for my truck!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

some info on a lift for my truck!!!

hey guys i lowwered my truck 2in blocks in rear and torsion bolts all the way out in front.... was gunna stop 4w in but... i just cant LOL :banghead:.. so now i need to lift it... how can i do this... has n e one found the cheapest place that sells a lift kit.(i have seen them for 1500 witch is alot to me)..... what if i put my axel undre my leaf springs how much of a lift will i get?? will this hurt n e thing?? how much of a lift will i get out of my front torsion adjustment bolts if i put then in all the way......really lookin for some help guys thanks...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you were to do a SOA(spring over axle), I have heard that you get about a 5-6in lift in the rear. You will need the lift brackets, etc. for the front because you won't be able to get this much lift from the torsion bars.

Being that you dont have springs in the front you will have to rethink what you are wanting to do. The only way you would want to doa spring over in the rear is if yopu are purchasing the lift bracketry to lift the front of your rig.
If your on a budget and dont want to drop the 1500.00 for the suspension lift you could always do a 3" body lift (Performance Accessories #883) and the Warrior shackles in the rear along with a torsion twist up front. You should get a total of close to 5" after doing this.

with the 3in body lift.... does n e one have photos of this.... i no when i did my pickup body lift i had a glap between the bumpers and body.. i hated that lol.... but the warrior shackles will this give me a diff. soild 2in. lift??..also what is a AAL??

AAL is Add a Leaf it is an additional leaf spring and gave me 2" at first but quickly sagged to the point that it doesn't seem like it's there.

I'm hoping and assuming that the Warriors will give 2" but it's been a while since I looked into them.

the warrior shackles will definately give you the lift. I got them for my X. They worked perfectly.

Back