Sound after sitting a while | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sound after sitting a while

Since the light in the console doesn't have a switch, I believe the light comes ON when you open the vehicle door and remains ON until the timer shuts it OFF after turning the engine OFF. My light in the cargo area also stays ON for quite a while after exiting the vehicle.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My new 2020 Explorer does the same, yet for hours. Did you get to the bottom of it.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
There's nothing to get "to the bottom of". It's perfectly normal. A little disconcerting at first, but that's the way it is.

Peter

Thanks Peter for linking me to this- i feel beter now about the clickity clack sounds
for reference I stated in another thread mine is dealing with the E-parking brake,
I sit in an hour long car line to get kids from school, middle school lets out at 2:20 and elementary lets out at 3:30, schools are side by side so no point going home for 10 -15 min to go back and be futher back in line
anyway, as im sitting there say 20-30 min after the car was stopped and shut off, I ll get these noises ( from the videos) and the screen on the dash powers up and shows the parking brake on message, almost as if its rechecking itself after being parked for 20-30 min
It made the sounds when I opened the hood and then 20-30 min later when neighbor was looking at the catch can install i was working on and he thought he leaned on somthging to make it pop/ click and whirl- keys were 20+ feet away when this event happened

The noises used to concern me but I've gotten so used to it as being normal. I figure it's connecting and disconnecting the anti theft features.

After sitting for a while when you go to open the door does anyone her a mechanical sound like something moving?
Same thing with the twenty twenty three ford explorer x l t

After sitting for a while when you go to open the door does anyone her a mechanical sound like something moving?
If you look up FordBossMe on YouTube, he did a video about that and it was something that he never knew about. Turns out, he said, it is the ABS system doing a computer check around the vehicle. He heard the noises from outside the Explorer and thought there was a raccoon or squirrel under the hood!!

Back