Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
Exhaust:
Dual flowmaster 50 series exhaust w/ 2.25" piping to the rear slanted. (Dual in/dual out muffler)
Engine: 4.0 SOHC engine w/ intake

It was dark out and I was testing out my new dig cam I got for xmas. At first you will hear the ding of the key in the exhaust, I then start it up, rev a few times, then kill it. At the end listen for the electric fan, its so loud!

Enjoy and comment

http://www.afsupplements.com/expo/exhaust.MPG

Right click> save as

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally someone posts a 4.0 sound clip :) Sounds excellent. That just helped me make up my mind on the muffler to buy.

THANKS!!!!

sounds really nice, almost like you have a V8 under the hood

yeah i did actually, the exhaust took a lil longer than usual but it worked out fine, I just cant lower the truck more than 1" if i ever decide to due to a pipe going over the axel. I had pics but lost them due to a HD crash.

sweet sound...sounds like my buddy's blazer with a Glassback/3 chamber(i never knew they made those) i love it

That sounds really cool, i like it alot. Also do u know if that exhaust sound will sound the same on a ohv? Or close to it?

how does it sound that good. Its so deep. I just put in a 50 suv dual in single out. It sound so high pitch...nothing like that. what could be different.

cisurfer said:
how does it sound that good. Its so deep. I just put in a 50 suv dual in single out. It sound so high pitch...nothing like that. what could be different.

you might try a megaphone style tip, one that steps up the diameter from 2.5" to 3.5". the longer the tip, the deeper the tone will be

Sounds really good. Now let me get this straight- you have a single Flowmaster dual in/outlet muffler? and the rest is pretty much stock? I've been contemplating a muffler for my 99 Ex but being a mustang guy, I don't want it sounding like a high pitched rice burner so I was wanting to hear one before I go through with it.

yea thats what i wanted a deep powerful sound and around 2200 rpm to about 2800 its like ricey and sounds like a civic would.

What do I need for the 4.0 OHV is that a dual in/out? I was going to go with a 2.25 single in(which I thought was stock) and run a dual 2.5 out the rear with one of the 50 series SUV flowmasters.... am I wrong?

Its a dual in/dual out flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler. 2.25" inputs and outputs. I have deal pipes running to the rear, one pipe exiting behind each rear tire. Chrome tips that are oval shaped....

Kept everything else stock except the intake. I like the way it sounds, just wish sometimes it was loud like a stang would sound. My only concern is I hate when cars are so loud and arent going anywhere! LOL! Maybe when I chip it ill upgrade to a super 40 muffler

thetad45 said:
What do I need for the 4.0 OHV is that a dual in/out? I was going to go with a 2.25 single in(which I thought was stock) and run a dual 2.5 out the rear with one of the 50 series SUV flowmasters.... am I wrong?

a single 2.5" pipe is reccomended with the 4.0 engines. Since I did dual 2.25" pipes, I lost low end power in return for looks and higher rpm power. Not sure if thats what makes my exhaust sound non ricy..

cisurfer said:

He's got 2.25" pipes and duals to boot. That's what's different.

Ha that electric fan is pretty loud. All sounds good though :thumbsup: Good work.

-Drew

Notice below the Lightning Exhaust on my Explorer. It has a very deep and throaty sound. I have a 40 series Flowmaster Single In and Dual Out the side with Pacesetter Headers. 4.0 OHV. Get alot of comments about the custom exhaust and love it. If I had something that I could make a sound clip I would.
WheelSpacersSide.jpg

how much did the exhaust setup cost you? I have a 96 4.0 SOHC so mine would sound like that? I'm so down for that hah

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

qcrun, the maximum size for signatures is 6 lines. Trim it up man.

Back