How to: - Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Speaker enclosure fabrication - WorkLog - 2 challenges 3 & 7. Just for Fun, Nothing Fancy!!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Here is some updated pics. I will let them speak for themselves.

215124-16RebuildSidePanel.JPG

215124-18DynoMat.JPG

215124-18DynoMat1.JPG

215124-18DynoMat2.JPG

215124-18DriverSideRear-med.JPG

Battery installed and clean. Notice the fan to keep the fumes out? LOL

215124-20Battery1-med.JPG

215124-20Battery-med.JPG

215124-20PassSideRear-med.JPG

Dyno Mat is almost complete. Still some spots to add it to.

215124-20RearView.JPG

My new floor mats, these are no longer made. Hard to find also.

21512Eddie_Bauer_Mats1.JPG

I just can't get the light right, here is closer up of mats with signature.

21512Eddie_Bauer_Floor_Mats1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All and all it is coming along nicely. The amp rack is painted now and dring. It will be back from the paint shop tomorrow, according to my installer.
Well, what do you think so far?

looks slammin! cant wait to see it all done!

seems like it has been a while since you got the new installer? I thought it would all be done by now?

lookin good...

I know in the driver's side rear quarter panel - there are some stock electronics back there - what did they do with those?

LOL they better still be there Hydroxy. I know they are moving the jack and stuff to a location under the seat. Well i guess Rome wasn't built in a day. I am taking this whole thing with a grain of salt. Those 2 slots in the panels in the rear, they will support a shelf like thing to sit my golf clubs on when we go. LOL. I guess "2 More weeks" should do it.

just read through the whole thread, and damn man, that is some awesome work you are doing. I will keep tuned in here i wanna see this thing when its all done. Keep it up

Read again, he's not doing the work, an installer is. ;)

Looks very cool.

Hartman said:
Read again, he's not doing the work, an installer is. ;)

Looks very cool.
I am just daddy war bucks in this movie, LOL. I agree Hartman, I think he is doing a heck of a job here.

are they dynamatting the whole thing? or just the little sections there?

I can't wait to see this finished.... *drools*

That is about it for the dyno matting on the floor area. The reason is we don't want to build it up any because of the fit. I still want the pull-over cargo cover thing to work to hide it all after the install. I have asked for a quote on tinting the back glass to a dark limo tint, but there never got back to me. oh well, shrugs

^ should be about 140-170 for the back wiindows

mhn3773 said:
^ should be about 140-170 for the back wiindows

man 140-170 for just the back windows seems high to me. I'm getting mine done next week and it 225 for everything.

140-175 IS everything lol..its the back windows all the windows from the drivers window back..since legaly in most states u can put much tint on those

I paid $200 for my complete truck done, windshield to rear glass. What really ticks me off, I just got a new job at a motorsport shop in the heart of the car body shops, and there's a tint guy right next to us. He offered a guy with a brand spankin new 04 Dodge Ram (hemi) that he bought only hours ago $80 to 5% the entire truck (windshield to rear), and he turned it down. He freaked about the whole deal with the cops and how lame they can be with the tint law. But even then, $80 for the ENTIRE truck? Holy, I would've died for that.

But yes, tint makes all the difference.

But one thing you didn't mention here, what tint was used. I wouldn't let anyone tint my vehicle with anything less than titanium grade tint. And trust me, it does cost more. But it also comes with a life time warranty for tears. You think it is the same tint for 80 bucks as one for 150 bucks? No way!! Always ask "What material are you using to tint my vehicle with"? You may be surprised.

see in cali tinting the windshield and side windows 5% is just asking to get hastled..and deff NOT worth the time unless u know a few cops =)

Same here, but I am talking about 3 windows here, the 2 rear and the hatch. They should be a dark limo tint with the rear passenger doors staying the same and the front 2 doors matching the factory tint on the passenger doors. All of this done of course with nothing less than titanium grade tint sheets.

Heh dude, it's Solar Tint, factories use that crap. Mine was I guess a quality job? Where I got mine done and the one next door to our shop are about 20 miles apart. And yeah, they all have lifetime warranties too, now that means nothing unless you can trust them, because believe me, they'll bite your ass to the end of the rope until you fall to their knees. Mine was done by my mom's best friends husband who she used to work with, I have 100% trust in him.

5% in California is nothing. I've been rolling in it for about 5 months now, and my dad has his Denali 5% done too for the past 3 years. Honestly, they leave people with nice cars alone, me they would pullover because I'm only 19 and it's an Explorer, but ya. If I didn't tint my truck, I would have all my signal lights clear/bluish by now, but I really don't need another reason to be pulled over. (tint, no front plate, loud music, speeding, etc)

There's only two types of true tint I would trust, Solar Tint or 3M Tint. Solar Tint is factory grade, FYI.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My system is suppose to be 90% complete this week-end. I can't wait. The only hold up is waiting on Alpine to send me a dang cable for the EQ. They said it would take 2 weeks to get here. They have to order it of course. It is a 13 din cable I believe.

Back