Stic-o's New DD. '88 B2 EB 4x4 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's New DD. '88 B2 EB 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright, fixed some more stuff on the B2. Driver power window works now, got a stereo in, interior lights work.

I found out I have a radiator leaking a bit, so I'm going to go find a big 4 row out of a explorer in JY and put it in the Explorer, and then take the one from my Explorer and put it in the Bronco. ;)

Planned to seal the valve covers this week, but the one I ordered were used:mad: and no one could get them before 4pm today, so I said I'll just order them and fix it in a few weeks. Got do some things on the EX tommorow, so I can go wheelin next weekend:burnout:

look on dezertrangers.com or the radiator...i just seen a big one posted by itself in the last week or so...:D i'm rooting you got her fixed...woohoo...

Trucks has been runing good:thumbsup: Only issue is it dosn't like it when I kick on the A/C. Freeway is ok, but at Idle, it will almost stop the motor, infact had it on and got off the freeway, as I came to the stop sign she stalled on me:( A/C=:nono:

On a good note, she passed smog today! :bounce:

check the o2 sensor and clean the fuel system.disconnet the throttle body and clean.all the mean while disconnect the cables to reset the compters.change sparky's & wire's.pull your fuses and check for burnt ones. also check your wire harness ive found i three diffrent connector that where burnt up or melted. and a new one this weekend.(o2 senor).i also found that one of my fuel line was tapping my manifolds and it burnt thru the rubber sleeve.(taped it too and zipped it out of the way) check your throttle screw.

i had the same problem with smokeand all.i did all this and the smoke only went away when i cleaned the o2 and hooked it back up.i had to pry the plastic apart because it melted.clean and reconnect i wrapped it up in electro tape till this weekend when i pick up a new one.when i cleaned the o2 i notice i burnt like 50% less fuel than the day before.

my steering column makes a dry squeek too,410.

i went the long way check and change everything. and now im contemplating sending jamie(410) a ticket to come down and help me swap a 4.0.

Stic-o,I have read all 4 pages, what a bargain u made, $500!!.:)....sounds like you've got it all coming back up to par almost as well.....good luck with your new {well, not so new now} Bronco II purchase......I'm always a little behind on reading stuff....:)

90+ day report

Well she is still doing great. Very reliable:thumbsup: I'm actually trying to figure out how to work it so I can use it in a part trade for a '96 PSD F250 S-cab SB 4x4 right now.:D The only snag right now is my job sittuation:( I'm not ready to take on more debt when I don't know where my pay checks are going to come from in a few months:(

6 month Report

SOLD

Unfortuantly the B2 was mearly a stepping stone, and even though it was a great truck, I already have a 4wd and really needed a tow rig. With out the B2 it would not have been possiable. She is now somewhere in Indiana.:(

Recap
Bought for: $500
Sold for: $1500
Investment: about $300-$400
Miles put on truck : 4,000

not bad:D

Nice. Winch is paid for then eh?

Winch and Power tank paid for, no CC's:D

Infact everthing on the Explorer is paid for. Can't say that for one fitty, and the volvo:rolleyes:

Back