Stic-o's New Rear Bumper! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's New Rear Bumper!

CG said:
Stic-o, if you want to run them, weld on a flat square in the center of the beams, then weld the cross tubes to the frame. This will make that area much stronger and support the entire length.

I have one of the old jeep type gas can mounts as well. Let me know if you want it. It's one of the old ones that's really thick compaired to the new ones. You can weld it on the back next to the tire if you want to carry a cas can there, don't know if it will work with your jack plans though...

Yeah if you have one to spare! :thumbsup: I have a gas can, just no holder :( . Do you think you could drag it up this way next time you go home? Also did you get your truck back yet?

FROADER said:
What kind of changes do you want to make?

Put a different, latch and hinge on it. Make it a 1 piece gate instead of 2, and a few other things :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Made some new addition to the bumper this weekend.

Added a gas can mount, and a new CB antanna mount.

12287updated_rear.jpg

some of you wanted to know how it opened.

12287open.jpg

We also got the hinges to work right now. But some greese ant lock-tight, and seem to work excelent now. We will be changing the tire mount in the next few week too, sence I'm not happy with it. :rolleyes: We'll will just put a 2x2 out from what there with a flat plate.

Also got the Hi-lift out from inside. Ended up mounting on front bumper (see Stic-o's New front Bumper )

Nice looking bumper..

This is the new piece for the spare tire that we built. I don't like or trust the one on there right now. This new one is already pre-drilled to fit 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 5.5. Just move the studs ;)

12287new_spare_carrier.jpg

we'll weld it on, this weekend. ;)

lookin good stic-o
:thumbsup:

looks awesome//

looks sweet (i want one ;) )

Welded the new piece on today tire sits much better! :thumbsup:

Back