Stuff | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stuff

04 EDGE

Reaction score
City, State
Westland Michigan
So I installed my spacers yesterday, also got my headlight, side markers in. I am not sure if I like the lift yet, the CV boots are very close to the lower arms and the upper ball joint, well you all know the story on that.

2" front, 1.5" rear, 285's. They rub the front corners a little so I think I will put the somewhat worn 265's I have on and sell the 285's.

2011-03-27_17-39-33_792.jpg

2011-03-27_17-39-46_431.jpg

2011-03-27_17-40-01_464.jpg

2011-03-27_17-39-12_589.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it looks good and I would leave the 85's on. But are spacers worth killing your CV's, lower arms and ball joints and a ride so ruff that your fillings will fall out of your teeth just for looks? Don't get me wrong I'm thinking about doing it myself, I'm just not sure weather to go with spacers for a few hundred dollars or a proper lift for a few thousand.

when I sell these tires I think I will have Brandon make me some smaller spacers. I am thinking I should have went with 1.5" in the front and 1" rear.

She does look awesome. Got any shot's of the new angles the components are on? I thought you would have been right with the 2"/1.5" spacer's.

How close is the rear tire to hitting the front edge of the wheel well? It looks tres close!

looks good bro but were gonna have a problem :mad: ... there cant be two black/silver lifted Xs on here lol but my bfg mud terrains 255/75-17 rub in the back at full lock with a 2.25/1.75 lift so i dunno what to tell you about the rubbing :confused:

So now we have a huge problem ... Yours is better than mine haha

Funny! I would not settle for a 4.0 while shopping for this truck! It was 4.6 or nothing!

I think it looks good and I would leave the 85's on. But are spacers worth killing your CV's, lower arms and ball joints and a ride so ruff that your fillings will fall out of your teeth just for looks? Don't get me wrong I'm thinking about doing it myself, I'm just not sure weather to go with spacers for a few hundred dollars or a proper lift for a few thousand.

so who makes a "proper lift" or these trucks?

I'm running 1.75"/1.5" spacers. About a 1 inch difference in lift but the angles are a lot better than the 2.25" front.

Ride quality seems to be the same as when I was just running the body lift and these tires.

My front spindles still touch springs a bit at full droop. No problems with that normal daily driving or mild offroading though. I'll solve that either with a limit strap or a set of tubular upper control arms....just one more project on the list :)

Back