mingo1223

Reaction score
City, State
berwyn,il.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer Platin
Callsign
JRS. DAD
My 2016 ford explorer ltd. Has 85000 on it and i had new struts and shocks on now when i hit potholes i hear lots of knocking on suspension also feels like a slight wobble on passenger side nothing major but it also happens as i start moving what can it
Maybe a bent cv joint or busted trans or motor mount
I dont know but something is happening

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did this begin right after the struts and shocks were installed or later on?

Peter

Did this begin right after the struts and shocks were installed or later on?

Peter
It was but not as bad
I take it repair shop and they say everything looks good and they drive it and say its good but i know it shouldnt drive like it does

Sounds like something wasn’t tightened properly, or possibly it needs an alignment.

Sounds like something wasn’t tightened properly, or possibly it needs an alignment.
Il
Im taking it in for an oil change friday il have them drive it and recheck everything again i love my explorer its not the cost to fix it its being told they dont find anyithing but as we all they drive it for 20 mins and we drive them every day so us drivers know if something isnt right
But thanks for the advice il let them know crossing .my fingers

My suggestion would be to ride along with the tech so that you can point out what you feel the issue is.

Peter

My suggestion would be to ride along with the tech so that you can point out what you feel the issue is.

Peter

I agree with this.
I had a suspension squeak in my other car which the dealer was not able to replicate. I went there and took the service writer on a drive and was able to replicate it for him and they were able to resolve it with a few new parts.

Thanks i'l do that sounds great

My 2016 ford explorer ltd. Has 85000 on it and i had new struts and shocks on now when i hit potholes i hear lots of knocking on suspension also feels like a slight wobble on passenger side nothing major but it also happens as i start moving what can it
Maybe a bent cv joint or busted trans or motor mount
I dont know but something is happening
Lower control arm bushings? It's a common problem and the "wobble" could be the control arm shifting slightly in the worn rear bushing.
They're not too hard to replace if you're a DIY type, I did both of mine in an afternoon, local Belle Tire quoted me just over $800 for the same job including an alignment.
The control arms from Moog are about $90ea from Rock Auto.

Sounds like LCAs to me, as mentioned. I had mine warrantied out in my old '14, I had a 3 month warranty through Autonation, brought it in, told them about the clunking, and no issues getting them replaced. Very common on these vehicles.

Back