SYNC 3.4 Most recent version? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

It's back up now showing 20136. Will do the update later today.

Cool. Double check that it has the voice pack in there. That should be fixed now if they've turned the update back on for MY20 vehicles.

EDIT - I checked a MY20 Nav and Nn-Nav VIN, and the download package was fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome. Mine now shows an available update. Look forward to doing this tonight.

Cool. Double check that it has the voice pack in there. That should be fixed now if they've turned the update back on for MY20 vehicles.

EDIT - I checked a MY20 Nav and Nn-Nav VIN, and the download package was fine.

Update went with no problems. NAV file was there (14G391-CL)

Update went with no problems. NAV file was there (14G391-CL)
Hi there - I also just updated here. System seed is notably better and also noticed few other small changes in the background and formatting.

Hi there - I also just updated here. System seed is notably better and also noticed few other small changes in the background and formatting.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I'm having an OTA update issue. When I go to owner.ford.com and put in my VIN, it says that I'm due to get 20136.

When I go into the Ex and do a check, it says I'm up to date - but at 19274.

I've tried to switch automatic updates on/off but not getting anywhere.

I was able to update my maps to 119 via USB last time, but was hoping to do a simple OTA update this time as my room is right next to the garage.

Was anyone able to do an OTA update without any glitches or could provide a solution? Or is the server site busy or down?

Thank you,

Jay

I'm having an OTA update issue. When I go to owner.ford.com and put in my VIN, it says that I'm due to get 20136.

When I go into the Ex and do a check, it says I'm up to date - but at 19274.

I've tried to switch automatic updates on/off but not getting anywhere.

I was able to update my maps to 119 via USB last time, but was hoping to do a simple OTA update this time as my room is right next to the garage.

Was anyone able to do an OTA update without any glitches or could provide a solution? Or is the server site busy or down?

Thank you,

Jay

I get the impression from UofMEngineer that OTA updates are not currently enabled by Ford. Best to download to the update to the USB and do it that way.

I get the impression from UofMEngineer that OTA updates are not currently enabled by Ford. Best to download to the update to the USB and do it that way.

This. I don't think they've enabled them yet.

How many files did you guys have in the SyncMyRide folder?

I only have 5:
-> 5U5T-14G381-ED.tar
-> 5U5T-14G391-CL.tar
-> GB5T-14G386-AC.tar
-> HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar
-> HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar

I have an ST with the technology package.

How many files did you guys have in the SyncMyRide folder?

I only have 5:
-> 5U5T-14G381-ED.tar
-> 5U5T-14G391-CL.tar
-> GB5T-14G386-AC.tar
-> HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar
-> HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar

I have an ST with the technology package.

That’s correct.

That’s correct.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did the update this afternoon, turned off the vehicle, turned it on again and it still shows build 19200... Maybe the vehicle needs to stay off for more then a couple seconds...

Thanks for the quick reply. I did the update this afternoon, turned off the vehicle, turned it on again and it still shows build 19200... Maybe the vehicle needs to stay off for more then a couple seconds...

Yea, it needs a full reboot for it to take effect. It should take after it’s been off for >2 minutes or so if it ran.

I downloaded the update on a PC, since I had trouble with it on my Mac, been an Apple user since 1985!. Installed update today, appears there are some new features like a + sign on backup camera when in reverse, it provides an enlarged view of what is directly behind the vehicle, when you press the + sign.
TBill

I have 7 files + the XML file
I downloaded the update on a PC, since I had trouble with it on my Mac, been an Apple user since 1985!. Installed update today, appears there are some new features like a + sign on backup camera when in reverse, it provides an enlarged view of what is directly behind the vehicle, when you press the + sign.
TBill
Are you sure that is new? Both of my 5th gens had that feature.

Peter

Seemed new to me, perhaps I never noticed it befoe:oops:

It can depend on what version you're starting from to get to 3.4.20136.
I downloaded the initial version and installed it and then found out about the missing file (14G391) which I then added to the USB but haven't loaded it into the vehicle yet.

Peter

I downloaded the initial version and installed it and then found out about the missing file (14G391) which I then added to the USB but haven't loaded it into the vehicle yet.

Peter

You can go back and re-download the updated package. That should have it now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Downloaded the update today, it does now include the 5U5T-14G391-CL.tar.gz file.

I tried doing the Over-The-Air (OTA) update, but that reported no updates available. I'll try installing the update later today.

Back