• Register Today It's free!

System failure

socalketch

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 XLT
I need guidance to resolve an immediate situation. I was rear ended recently, and it's gonna be a mess because it was hit and run. Ultimately it will be at a body shop once sorted. My damage to the rear of the vehicle is driver side muffler pushed back 6in still hung in place. The spare wheel base pan below third row was slightly damaged. Cosmetically bumps and bruised. All functioned ok. Until. 5 hour ride LA to AZ. Speed 80 to 100. 4 hours in about 10am. Information screen with messages and dash lights popping off. Hill assist, parking aid, power assist turn, back up assist, and service see manual are the messages flashing by. Dont have turn signals, no high beamssteering wheel controls dont function. Don't have steering assist although when started it will for a moment. Dash lights. abs, air bag, traction control on and off, parking break set. And the worst is I can't control the interior chime

This took place 9 days after initial incident, and been 20 since. Any suggestions??? Until it goes to a body shop for tear down. V

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like more than just the rear end was damaged. Although I'm not overly familiar with all the electrical systems in the vehicle it almost sounds like an issue with the Body Control Module (BCM). I'm sure more knowledgeanble members will come along with their opinions. There have been other posts where the dash lit up like a "Christmas tree" and it was traced back to a bad/weak battery but you have far more issues going on. Good luck.

Peter

Can you hear an exhaust leak out side the EX? I am willing to bet that you burnt though a wire harness. If your exhaust is pushed forward 6 inches, where do you think it went? Doing 100mph just helped it get good and hot to finish burning the harness. Your guess is as good as mine as to which harness and even where to start to look. Listen for the leak and you should find the harness close by. If not an exhaust leak the pipe is bent up into something. Good luck but at this point I would call the insurance company and have it towed in, it will be a lot less expensive in the long run.

Sounds like more than just the rear end was damaged. Although I'm not overly familiar with all the electrical systems in the vehicle it almost sounds like an issue with the Body Control Module (BCM). I'm sure more knowledgeanble members will come along with their opinions. There have been other posts where the dash lit up like a "Christmas tree" and it was traced back to a bad/weak battery but you have far more issues going on. Good luck.

Peter
Thank you

Can you hear an exhaust leak out side the EX? I am willing to bet that you burnt though a wire harness. If your exhaust is pushed forward 6 inches, where do you think it went? Doing 100mph just helped it get good and hot to finish burning the harness. Your guess is as good as mine as to which harness and even where to start to look. Listen for the leak and you should find the harness close by. If not an exhaust leak the pipe is bent up into something. Good luck but at this point I would call the insurance company and have it towed in, it will be a lot less expensive in the long run.
Thank you

Back