• Register Today It's free!

taking out bodylift....

-=DaemoN=-

Reaction score
City, State
The Netherlands
Year, Model & Trim Level
Rigless!
I'm taking out my bodylift and wondering if someone can tell me the stock size for the bolts. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DannyBoy.... I already have the fiberglass fenders on and I don't plan on going bigger than 35's. :)

I'm sure your looking for answers and not more questions. But why are you removing the body lift?

what TarHeel said! I want to be as close to the ground as I could and I don't want to deal with all this relocation bracket crap.

that and bodylifts suck :(

bump.............. anybody knows?:(

Couldn't ya take all the bolts loose when removing it, and finding the different types from the b/l runnin to the hardware store, and getting bolts just 3in shorter?
Pete

Hey, I could do that.:)
I just posted this thinking somebody might have the info already. Thanks for the info though. I'm taking the bodylift off this weekend.

Rusty exploder, somebody on the board already got dibs for it, sorry!

Thanks Fenderguy. After seeing your first post with your X, I wanted to get the fenders. Then, what'd you know someone backed up on me, denting my passenger side fenders:) . Anyways, I stayed with the black rims so it'll be a little diff from yours.;)

Oh it's different than mine now Daemon. I have the rear glass on and it's painted grey now. :D :chug:

Yours will look like Gopher's now except his is 4" lift with 33s. Black wheels and clears up front.

body mount bolts

i got the parts list for the body lift and the difference between the 3" and the 2" is 20 mm so:
6 bolts 12 mm X 120mm
2 bolts 12mm x 140mm
2 bolts 12mm x 160mm

These should be the sizes for the stock bolts.

Hope this helps;)

I took my bodylift off today. Now I'm 3" lower and some rubbings at full lock :(. I had to take the front bumper off too, probably leaving it off till I get a custom one made. I drove it around(saw Maniak on the road) and was happy with it even though I'm going to be spending more money for a new bumper :p.

You can put the bumper back on, just get the sawzall out and cut along the wheel well line. That's what I did for a while, Then I just hacked the $h!t out of it and now it's as skinny as the grill. I'm leaving it like that until I get a custom one made. Mounted my lights on it too.

Does it rub on the radius arms or the firewall at full lock?

It doesn't rub on the radius arm or firewall, only the little part of the body(where the fender screws on). So I took a hammer and bent it back to clear the tires a bit. Does yours rub anywhere?

For the bumper, I don't want to bother hacking it, I'll just leave it off:). I'm gonna give this guy a call tomorrow and see if he can give me a good price for a custom bumper.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back