• Register Today It's free!

Tall(er) valve covers...

mrjody

Reaction score
City, State
como
Year, Model & Trim Level
98/00 xlt rangers
Does anyone know if there is taller valve covers that fit without a spacer between the upper and lower intake? I have 1.6 stud mount rr's... I did massage the stockers (hammered the indention up) that is in the center. They fit after enlarging the holes. BUTTTT.. they are leaking. So I have to take the upper intake off to see what's going on.. rather just buy some taller ones that will fit without a spacer between the upper and lower intake

20200921_132712.jpg

20200921_132736.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To get it right, takes a bit of thought and work. 3 page thread for you.

Thanks for the info... Im taking the covers off today or tomorrow..I do have a set of stock foxbody covers..Ill see what I can come up with

Exactly, Jon is right, there are so many VC types and heights, you have to spend a lot of time working through it.

The Fox Mustang VC's are a good choice, I have read many times that they can clear most roller rockers. If it's close, it's possible to use thicker gaskets, or rare spacers you'd have to hunt for.

I'm running 1.7 roller rockers in my 94GT with newer fox VC. The later fox covers don't have the internal ribs and work well with roller rockers.

Back