Tbars Project "X" begins | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice, i got two 91-94 explorers getting parted out. let me know what u need man, and i have two 4.0s not sure of the milage on one, and the other is around 150xxx

shipping would kill me??? i won't get it home for a week or 2 till my AAA upgrade comes in but i will need alot of plastic for like the interior door handles and such...my first part is to get it running so i can see what needs fixing and i will be looking you up...

ight, ill be here! goodluck

it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
Whose Ex did you buy, can we know?:D I see a SOA, what does it have in front?

It could take Rick some time to do your elite upgrade. Patience. ;)

i'm not worried about the elite part...i just wanted to make sure i had my dues paid because i literally left with 3 dollars to my name and i wanted to be paid before pismo...as for the member whose truck this was...they only had 1 post on here and it was a for sale post, this truck...

btw, rangerx, i am really surprised you didn't pick up on the limiting straps on my new camping vehicle...

the previous owner also owns a bronco and is mainly on the bronco forums and the truck came out of lake elsinore and was driven daily to miramar until someone went 4wheeling in 4wd and forgot to lock their hubs...thats how i found it

i had to post edit some more pics...

...and the truck came out of lake elsinore

Hopefully not literally:p: Looks like you got your hands full there, good luck with the project.

thank you..i know it wasn't in the lake but it does need to find some water...

Did the dog come with it? ;) Gonna take some work, but you'll have a nice ride when all is said and done. Good luck with it all!

thanks, that dog was the biggest sweetest truck dog you'll ever see...my chihuahua was bent out of shape and wanted to eat her, lmao...

Good luck there with the new toy. I've got some extra parts too, but you are a long way away there. Regards,

Too bad it's not a real Explorer. :(

You can tell the fake ones because they lean to the wrong side. :p:

day1001tw2.jpg

oooh, that was uncalled for , roflmao...hell, it's got enough suspension you think it wouldn't lean...:eek: :confused: :roll:

good lookin project...what with the second pic? does the rear have a dual shock set-up? it looks like the second set is run cantilevar style, i'm assuming some type of custom mount?

yes it's custom....dual shocked on all 4 wheels and dual steering shocks...

thats a really sweet project truck. good luck with it!

thanks jimbo...i just caught griffins edit, lmao...i am hoping what you meant was from paulie shore, buuuuuddddy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so does anybody have a good 4.0 that will smog that i can puchase??? let me know...

Back