Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...her flag and her sweater were the first things packed...:thumbsup:

...the only reason the flag wasn't up on that run was it's like our own backyard...just goes to show ya...:rolleyes:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...not much going on since i've been swamped with work...:confused:

...i just went to 4wheelparts to order my replacement clevis i left somewhere out on the mojave desert at a price of 12.99 pl tx...since i de-loused my X's engine from all this winters mud runs i think my fan clutch is wanting to give up the ghost...:scratch:

...i've been way to busy with work to attend to the X...i still need to replace the fan clutch and i found a leak on a rubber return line for the tranny cooler so i'm hoping to find a tranny temp guage and the time to install it...
...i did recently purchase something for the X though, a 160 amp alternator which i'm waiting on delivery...it will help power some of the future mods...:D

78ec1ns9.jpg

7eaf1qx2.jpg

Thats a blinged out alternator! 160 amp <-- thats hUGE!

...it's a little more amp than i'll need to run the a/c, lights,etc. on the summer night runs... and i still need to add some lights, upgrade the stereo...right now my computer draws a bunch when it's on... i want to do the cam and one day maybe monitors and navigation...
...the price was killer and i really couldn't pass it up...;)

...i can't wait to receive the alt...the first thing i'm going to do is get it tested..;)...my current alt works fine but the new one should be great...:bounce:

...and i forgot to add i am in search of a new negative cable...:rolleyes:

...just the negative connection at the battery is cracked...if i tighten it a couple more times it will break...i'll probably replace them both a.s.a.p. but i need to tend to the neg cable first...:D

I saw that alternator on ebay a little bit back...ha ha, your the one who ended up with it. Awesome:thumbsup:

I saw that alternator on ebay a little bit back...ha ha, your the one who ended up with it. Awesome:thumbsup:

You weren't the only one trying to get it tho:( Ted was too quick on the draw.

Sorry for the bonehead question, but what does a higher amp alt do compared to stock?

...it is the best way to run multiple aux lights and/or, high amp draw electronics such as high powered stereos...;)...read post 486-487 of this thread and for a little more info, it could be found at the following thread, post 9-10...let me know if this helps donner..:D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203037

Got it, thanks! So a more powerful alt would eliminate the need for dual batts (in this case)?

...the alt. would help with the above mentioned items..think of it as a bigger power plant..

...a second battery works great for isolating power usage such as accessories on a seperate battery or for power storage, which is most useful when you have a trailer or camper...

Excellent! Sounds like a good mod... Now, powder coating in Kansas? I wonder if I could get one to match the color of my vehicle?? Thanks Tbars!

...and i just picked up a negative cable for the X..

..it's a belden pn#717991 for 27 bucks at napa...i got the price for the positive cable while i was there and they quoted me just shy of 40 bucks...from what i seen from all the parts stores, these are probably the best over the counter cables i've found...:scratch:

...the negative cable pn#717991...
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...r=717991&Description=Battery+Cable+-+Negative

...the pos cable pn#717993...
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...r=717993&Description=Battery+Cable+-+Positive

Back