Tbars Project "X" begins | Page 56 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tbars Project "X" begins

First and foremost my ranger is my favorite truck...I will not let any of you fools try to talk me into changing my new project into some rock beast, lmao...this rig is just to go camping and fishing in and thats it...it took all the money i had to buy and the seller was great and is a new member here....thanks rick, the seller that is...

I have never as much sat in an explorer and today was the first time i opened a door on one...

It needs alot of tlc and a new 4.0 motor as the current one is seized...It needs a bit of paint work as the clear coat is shot and the front fenders are a different color....

Notes
1) Kbabiak, you need to make some pre-made shipping tags with my name on them as I will be needed a bunch of little parts...
2) Admin Rick, I sent my new membership dues in at 8am this morning as i was hoping to be a new X owner...
3)All elite members, I am going to need alot of help and parts for my new to me, 91 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks so much meaner with the black rims!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to figure out how to make the wheels ultra flat black. They are way to Purdy and shiny.

I also still need to find time to pull the heads and do the gaskets :hammer:

Drive around in the dirt for a few years and don't wash them. When you going to come out camping with us again? I had to transfer that bottle of rum to the new RV, I think you owe me a transfer fee.

Drive around in the dirt for a few years and don't wash them. When you going to come out camping with us again? I had to transfer that bottle of rum to the new RV, I think you owe me a transfer fee.

My Ranger has that patina going on..:)

I'm thinking we need to have a group run and exploring trip out in Johnson Valley between now and new years.

A new RV...Wouldn't that be like trading your X in on a new X?..:scratch:..:)

A new RV...Wouldn't that be like trading your X in on a new X?..:scratch:..:)
That's actually what it has ended up being. It was a great deal; I took my parents RV and sold mine, keeping the cash. Very well maintained, five feet longer between the 22.5" wheels so it tracks better down the road, another slide-out (bedroom), full queen-sized bed instead of short queen, 17'x3' living area slide instead of 12'x2', bigger shower, more storage, 100 gallon water tank, Workhorse chassis so more power and weight capacity, much nicer inside and out, Xantrex inverter system with multiple batteries and solar (it has the capacity to run the entire coach while dry camping), and I got my pick of the stuff inside.

However; I have been working on it almost daily since I picked it up. New LED TV's (39" up front, 26" in bedroom), electrical to suit my needs (charging batteries on Explorer while going down the road, 7 pin RV plug and brake controller for horse trailer, 12 volt plugs/USB ports in bedroom, kitchen, dinette and dash areas), organizing all the stuff and storage (my parents traveled heavy), and LED lighting. Hardest part is trying to make all the work look like it's OEM.

The old RV sold fast because anything someone would have wanted to do to it was already done, and it was a Winnebago.

This time of year is no good for me to get away.
So, anyways, I noticed you skipped right over the rum transfer fee issue......;)

You know...I am going to be out at the Hammers in Johnson Valley from wed-Fri at least. You could bring that motorhome out and we could discuss the fee over some rum and cokes :)

Back