Test Drivers Wanted | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Test Drivers Wanted

Still waitiing for my EPC, but I was late in...

I orderd a Viton D reverse servo seal and gasket to install while i'm in there. Also ordered a new filter and gasket as well. I would recomend anyone who has not done the sepator plate TSB upgrade that this is a good time for that. Also, torque those VB bolts, install a drain plug, and maybe even a band adjustment as well.

Good notes all around. As for the tightening the VB bolts, for an explanation of why they loosen so often in these transmissions, check out the "4R44E, 5R55E Case Wall Movement..." article here.

http://www.sonnax.com/tech_info_results.php?subcategory_id=8&go=GO

The first time I installled one of our EPC prototypes into the 2002 Sport Trac, I was VERY surprised by how loose the bolts were after only 47890 miles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for posting this link! Allbert, you will love one of those links near the bottom on tools. It has a special EPC bypass tool which allows you to use air pressure to bypass the EPC for testing a 5R valve body.

What's the ballpark figure on the cost to buy one of these EPC regulators?

I definitely will be needing one.

The new design isn't being sold yet. You could fill out their application to test one. They will send it for free, and pay you $100 for evaluating it.
Yeah, I know. I did, but I think I'm too late for the testing. Just curious if they had a price in mind. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Matt and Cayce, I did get the EPC solenoid today. It will take me several days to be close to doing the work. Regards,

Yeah, I know. I did, but I think I'm too late for the testing. Just curious if they had a price in mind. It doesn't hurt to ask.

While I'm personally somewhat in favor of us setting up an internet store that you could buy these from directly, the present arrangement is that our factory sells them to a BorgWarner distribution site who then sells them to our actual customers, who are some of the larger transmission component distributors for the rebuilding industry. You're best bet for getting our part at something close to the price we actually sell it for would be to buddy up with your local rebuilder and see if he'll give you one at his cost. Hopefully, these will be hitting the shelves by late February or March.

BTW... I just asked Cayce if all the test solenoids have been shipped, and he says they have.

Hey everyone!
Hope all is well on the receiving of the EPC's. I have sent the last EPC out today. So if you have not heard from me regarding the shipping of the part you have responded a little late. Sorry for the limited supply. I am proud to say that everyone that sent back a response to the congratulations sheet received one. As for the purchase of a part I would have to reference that question to Albert. I am simply the test coordinator. Any questions feel free to post or contact my email.
Thanks
cayce

:thumbsup:cayce told me he shipped my epc hopefully i'll recieve it before the weekend to try it on my explorer. the flare is annoying by times. i'll keep you posted:salute:

i got mine last week and was able to get in this past weekend and am very impressed on the improvements on the truck I don't seem to have any of the old issues i was having. i will be looking for a distrubitor to get another one for my wife's explorer

I got mine today, however I am in College and have a lot of work between now and the 14th (Finals...ugghhh). However when Saturday the 15th rolls around she's going in. Any tips from you guys that have already done yours?

can anyone post a photo or part number of the updated solenoid bracket ?

I may already have one in some later model scorched trannies.

thanks.....jjf

This picture was in Glacier991's photo gallery:
15286diagram2A.jpg

This picture was in Jimbo74's photo gallery:
epcmounting1.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of this solenoid while everything is still inside the tranny? Or a write-up perhaps?
Seems pretty strait-forward but I haven't dropped the pan yet either ;)

Thought I would update everyone. I have sent out all of the EPC's. Everyone that is getting one should have either received a part or an email stating I have shipped it to you. I have only received 4 surveys back after the installation. I will be mailing those 4 100.00 checks this week. I have notified the 4 people in a private email. If you have sent in the surveuy and have not received an email stating your check is going out please contact me at my e-mail. If you have installed the EPC and have sent the survey before today please drop me a new copy so I can get some more checks out. Hope all is well with everyone on the installs. I know it is a bit messy. Thanks
Cayce

I just got your email stating that you will be mailing the check this week. I have one question which I was thinking about last week. This site has a transaction feedback section to rate members on this forum. Since everybody is happy about receiving this part, and being able to be part of a fleet test, do we post good feedback about this transaction under Allbert's title or under CWash72?

Every one loves to get praised. I will admit I am new to utilizing forums, however I will have to give the credit to Albert. Without him This would not be possible he is ultimately the guy that produces the product. As for the private email responses I am responsible for that. It is a joint effort on both of our parts so I would encourage any feed back whether positive or negative maybe to be directed to either one of us. The performance of the EPC lies on Albert the communication lies on myself. Hope this answered your question. Thanks
Cayce

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back