the best way to make a 2.5'' cowl hood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

the best way to make a 2.5'' cowl hood

i was thinkin of makeing a 2.5'' cowle induction hood for my 94 x and i was wondering what would be the best way to fab one up, should i use all fiberglass,whitch i never used before, or should i use sheet metal and then bondo it all up nice and strait , and i've have done alot of steel work before, and i guess im jusst wondering if any one has ever done this before, or beter yet does anyone have pics of them building one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Y not just buy one of them hood scoops off of ebay then rivet it on and fiberglass all over it all and smooth it out?

Buy one of these from Summit Racing and glass it smooth (as suggested above.)

gmk-scoop03_w.jpg

...easiest way to get a cowl hood:

Sell your Ford.

Buy a Camaro.

Done.

Be original.....do something different......Cowl hoods have NEVER looked good on much anything...even the cars they originally came on.

Ryan

no probley not going to buy that its probley not in my price range so i will just take the time and make one i think

my x is a 94 so that kit wont work

Sorry, I guess it would help if it was for your year model.

dont sweat it i think i have a pritty good idea of have make one it will only cost me as much of a can of bondo and i have everthing else ill need

Back