The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

the guy lives buy me like bout a mile down the road
i talk to him all the time
he said the motor came out of his chevelle or somethin
but i did ask him y not a ford nd he replied u can do more to this big block then u can to a ford big block! o well hes tryin to sell it
take a stab at wut hes sellin for, give u a hint 6 figs!!
and he said its runnin low 8s to high 7s at the track! ive never seen it thou!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sorry but i dont understand why he would bag/body drop/chop top an explorer and then make it out to be a dragster. if he bags and body drops it then it should be made to drag but not drag racing. jus to drag the ass off on the highway and i really dont care for the hood either but thats jus my 2 cents

well i never saw where old school was bagged and body dropped. the last i remembered a old school dragster wouldnt be able to lay rocker panel

this is mine, i think its low lol

IMG_0598.jpg

looks good. just layin frame no body drop right? also what kind of rear suspension do you have? also pics of your front suspension might help alot of people out

^^ Looks good. Are the door handles photoshopped or just bad body work?

I was thinking the x looked photoshopped cause the paint looks weird(other than being flat black). But it could jsut be a bad picture quality setting. Something just doesn't look right about it.

Btw, I'm not saying it is photoshopped, just giving my first impression of the pic.

deff. not photoshopped. body work needs to be went over again. i didnt do it. a shop in n.c. hacked my truck up pretty bad...it needs a LOT of work. the front suspension is a mess... and rather embarrassing might i add.

yea, just bagged. no bd. its got a 4 link in the rear with the bags mounted on the lower bars. the front suspension is a touchy subject. the wheels toe in an ungodly ammount bc the ppl who bagged it didnt flip the tie rods.

I know you've stated the front is a touchy subject, but many of us having been wanting to see how front bag job on one of these would look - any chance of pictures ?
We'll be nice about it, we know you didn't do it and that it's in no way your fault.

I for one would really appreciate it.

I wish I had my mounty just layed down on the ground, Oh well things go on...

i'll shoot some pics when i get home for yall. im at school right now hahah. but im gonna warn you its not pretty.

yea theres not really any good pics of an explorer setup on that style of suspension, basically gona be the same as a toyota or a mazda whatever but ford has a crappier suspension design lol. also did they have to Z the frame on it?

i dont have any pics of the front suspension on my computer so i have to take some new ones for yall. and yea, they z'd the frame 3 inches

i worked on that chopped prostreeted x at the interior shop i worked at for a while..the truck is def cool but at the time it had a lot of little things wrong with it that that just seemed like stupid oversights.
and if i remember correctly it had to be painted at least twice maybe more due to poor body work or the paint bubbleing or something. it really is a hot truck in person though,

and i think i may have wrapped some b or c pillar trim in it...and i believe i built the rear upper hatch panel-lol

and does this technically count in the lowest explorer thread ;)
and the bumper is not staying grey textured its eventually getting painted gold to match the two tone and getting fog lights
DSCF0990.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back