todays carnage picts! help!!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

todays carnage picts! help!!!!!!

ok, today we went out and tore some stuff up, well we were crossing the river and thought it would be cool if i could pop my front wheels up off the ground. well i did, sorry no picts yet, but a video comming soon, here are some picts. and i broke the **** out of my left front u-joint, so from the picts can you tell what part i need to order. do i need a complete axle shaft ???? that is what im thinking. i took it out of 4-wheel drive and made it the rest of the day with only 2-wheel drive. and i will say that we had a lifted zj jeep and i was still schooling him all day with just 2 wheel drive! here are some picts for you guys, but i need help on fixing my front end. im still new on the whole solid front axle thing, so any help would be appreciated. thanks, mike

Attachments

• frontbroke.jpg
    frontbroke.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,183

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As the doctor would say, atleast its a clean break ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well just put the new axle intoday. so im back in business:D

Attachments

• new axle1.jpg
    new axle1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 274

Attachments

• new axle2.jpg
    new axle2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 266

if you would take that pic, edit out the 2 guys, and photoshop a green bronco body on top, you would have a pic of what my rig looked like in the garage for almost a year. :p

Hey Mike, I'm all about catching air in the Explorer, but start doing it in 2 wheel drive!!!! I've done similar but when in 2 wheel drive there is much less to break. Lets just say on the TTB's last hurrah, I was catching a few feet of air and then bouncing all 4's into the air off the rebound with no problems!!!

When you going to invite us down there to romp!!

Wow! Sounds like some sweet action! I can't wait to see the video!

well i suggest to all, that when you replace one side you do both at the same time! the first time i took it out to see how well it worked, my other side ate the dust! so have the new superior axle ordered now! should be pretty damn strong when done with both new axles and the detroit! will keep you posted.

Back