TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

dont do that... at the snails pace this moves at if you order one now it will be like you ordered it 4 weeks from now..

Fine with me, 302 isn't gong into the Ranger any time soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm overcome with guilt. I spoke to Erica today and it turns out she's pregnant and suffering from morning sickness pretty bad. She's had to miss work, but she's back now and working hard to get back to everybody. Now I feel kinda bad that I left her a few nasty messages telling them to get their ***** in gear.
Well, I just hope that the father isn't a Chevy guy. lol

Sent email to Al's today.

Hey Skurz - how many orders are we up too?

Mine are finally on order. I called today after waiting for Erica to call me back. They should be ready soon, the guy I talked to said that some were ready to send out to get coated.

I have ordered mine as well and Erica has already charged 375 or w/e from my credit card... now I just cant wait to get mine, My exhaust tick is only getting worse :/

yeah same with me, paid half so far..now its the wait :/

any word on who gets the ones that were in stock? someone mentioned they had just a few.. I expressed earlier that i would like one of those and I have already paid half but no word yet...

Not trying to burst any hopeful bubbles, but I ordered (and paid in full for) a set back on December 13th (yeah, right before the group buy), and I can't even get Erica to tell me if they have shipped yet. If they had any in stock I would think they woulf have shipped mine already (she said she would try to get them out before Christmas, and I told her not to worry about it, that I wasn't expecting to get them in such a short time span).

I would definitely be in if it wouldn't take me until April to be ready to buy. I think that a forum appropriate discount would be awesome when the time comes.

Can these headers be made with different size primaries and collectors? Or without the coating?

I am still trying make contact by phone to give my payment info but cannot reach anyone. Knowing how slowly they respond I am trying to not be too impatient but I don't want to get left out of the group savings because they got my cc number too late.

I got my order in, I've been asking for a recite because she took the money out of my account already and haven't received an update. It's been 3 weeks since she took the money out (half the price of the headers). I'm just wondering whats going on..

I am wondering whats going on as well. They dont even seem to want to take my money. I called today and Erica answered and as soon as i told her I was calling to place my order she asked if she could take my number and call me back when she got back from lunch. Thats been over two hours ago with no call back and now when I call it is back to no one answers the phone.

She was quick to take my money and card info... But i still have not seen a receipt. She has had my money for a few weeks now.. i told her i could pay it all at once if she could get me a set that is already done but she didnt reply.

I do not work for, nor am I affiliated in any way with Al's

However , I'm going out on a limb to suggest you guys all just calm down. This is how it always has been. We have all read of orders taking from 2 weeks to 4 months to be filled.

If people jump up to answer the phone and respond to every email nobody will get any welding done. :D
I suspect this group buy has them pretty busy, and as stated before someone ( who answers the phone) is pregnant.

The first person to do something silly like file a charge back on their credit card will ruin it for themselves and everybody else. You guys knew this was going to be a big order, in fact the bigger the better was the attitude.

Just be patient. You will get your headers. It may take a while, but you will get them.

Just be patient. You will get your headers. It may take a while, but you will get them.

some of us cant drive our trucks until we get these.. im stuck in my mom 95 camry...not a great winter car by any means..

I must unfortunately drop out of the group buy. Looking to buy a new car.

It's starting to look like an el-scamo-whamo.

On the lowest estimate, 20 people x $300 = $6,000. 30 x $350 = $10,500 on the high end.

Either way, thats alot of money.

If I was a small time operation with a 2 person staff, which in this case looks like Al himself and a prego secretary Erica, I would concentrate all my resources, for the time being, in pleasing those who are throwing money at me.

The least they could do is give the already paying customers a time to expect delivery, which is not hard or asking too much. And the least least (yes, I meant two leasts) thing than can do is answer the phone from the people they have already took money from.

How can a producer of such a great and wanted product have such ****ty (Bob included) customer relations???

Any second or third party diplomats willing to step in front of these questions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Building the headers takes time, sending them for coating takes time, waiting for materials takes time. Learn to be a bit patient. They have been making these things for some time now, and no one has been disappointed yet. You were ALL warned in the beginning that the wait time would be a MINIMUM of 3 weeks, probably more. Complaining about the headers not being on your doorstep within a week is not going to do anyone any good. It takes 3 weeks to make one of these headers and get it to someone's door. It takes even longer if there are wait times for materials, cutting the flanges, delays with the coating, or just a big number of orders. Plus, on top of that, no matter how much you all feel like you should be their only priority, you are not the only business they are getting, and they can't just turn away all their other customers, just because you guys feel like you gathered a big group and spent a lot of money.

And on top of all that, you guys expect them to answer 8 million dozen e-mails and phone calls a day from you guys begging to sneak your order to the front of the line, instead of them actually getting work done.

Well, I doubt they will ever want to make a deal with this forum again, and seeing how most of you are acting/thinking, I would recommend you never participate in a group buy again. I've been in MUCH bigger ones with MUCH more uncertainty. You aren't going to get screwed, 6000-10000 isn't a lot of money when you have a business to run, overhead and material costs. There are little burger joints that take in more money than that in less time. I used to sell that much in tires and oil every couple days, not to mention charging for actual work on vehicles or parts sales, and that was in a little two man truck shop.

Just relax.

Back