TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Skurz,

Did we make it to the 30 unit price yet? That is the teetering point for me. Try and find out where we are with quantity so some of us that are on the cusp can make up our minds ;)

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As to the number of guys who have gotten back to me to let me know that they've actually placed their orders, no, we didn't make it to 30, but I'm positive that some guys haven't let me know, or are in limbo waiting for Al to call them back before they let me know. So I figure that we're at about 20 or so. On the original list of potential buyers there were 50 names, so I'm pretty sure that Al will still honor the extra discount even if we only hit 30 a little later than planned, especially since it's pretty difficult to contact them. I'm definitely going to point out to him that a lot of guys are nervous about ordering because of that and ask him to do his best to remedy that issue.

I sent an email to place an order today, and tried to call b ut got an answering machine. I'll try again tomorrow. Add me to the group list please. Can't wait to get my hands on these babies :thumbsup:

Everyone keeps talking about getting in on the buy and giving them a call to place my order and all, but realistically, are they actually going to make these headers for us?

I know I have called multiple times, left multiple messages, and sent multiple emails and I still haven't reached anyone to give my payment information to. Out of 12 phone calls they answered twice. As soon as I told them I wanted to place my order for these headers they took my name and number and promised to call back. To this day I have not been called back. That is the problem. I can wait two or three months after placing my order, but at least take my order.

Out of a months time, they could have come up with 4 or 5 minutes to call me back and get my payment information.

At this point I still intend to be a part of the buy and have money waiting, but I am not holding my breath. I also will not be contacting them any further. They have my contact information and know that I intend to purchase so I guess if they don't call me I wont get a set of headers and they wont get a sale.

atv35, I know you are having a bit of trouble with it, but the girl that does the phones is having a baby, and was apparently pretty far along with it. Just keep trying, you'll get them eventually. Good luck with it, hopefully Erica has some time to help out, Al gets some extra help, or you catch him while he is taking a break and has a moment to answer the phone.

Al just called me to give me the lowdown. He has been busy fabricating our headers and has a bunch of sets ready to go. He HAS gotten your messages and emails and is building new sets accordingly, so to all ye with little faith, RELAX!
Erica is officially back to work on Monday and will start returning calls and emails, and also charging your credit cards.
Al also thinks that we might have already reached 30 orders so we might get that extra discount afterall, but Erica will do the latest tally when she gets back and let me know exactly where we stand. He apologizes for leaving us hanging but told me that things should be getting back to normal, and that we can all rest assured.
So, to summarize...everybody CHILL.

Well, if he's gonna be taking money soon, I think I'm back in. I got my whole situation sorted out now, and managed to bring the cost down a bit. So gimme two, three weeks tops and I can make the payment again, if that's soon enough for him. You think you could relay the message for me please Skurz? Just tell him Lucas is back in, but I'm gonna be paying with a different numbered card.

They definitely won't be installed before the body goes back on, but I can always save them so I have something to do during the spring, haha. And I need to get my hands dirty on the truck again, I'm having too much done by the resto shop :(

You got it, Obie.

can I still get in on this I live Like a block from these guys in anaheim I contacted them two weeks ago about a set before I knew about the group buy.

Absolutely. Just let them know that you're part of this forum and want in on the group buy. PM me your first and last name, phone number and email address too, so that I can keep track.
We might end up using you as our inside man to pop in to their shop and keep them on their toes. lol

I will send you my info in the am gonna pass out decided to finally dive into the damn oil pan gasket issue and 48 hours later I wish I hadn't

( I got the oil pan all the way out of the 5.0 explorer with the engine in the damn car. I did have to pull the power steering rack but that was easy)

I was thinking of driving by now and then to see what they are up to. wether I stop in or just drive by to see how often they are in the shop is yet to be decided but I will make sure they keep making these. What is the wait time now. when when I called about 2 months ago the owner answered the phone and was super nice he said he could have me a set ready to pick up at his shop in 3 days or less. I dont know what the wait time is now that there is a pile of these things he has to make.

While working on the oil pan gasket I think I may have found something that might make the header install easier. I heard alot of talk about how difficult it was to retighten the bolts for the motor mounts because the headers sit right on top of them. What if you lossen the bolts from the block to the motor mount they are the 2 smaller bolts on the under side of the motor mount that is what i did when i took the oil pan out. you can lift the motor without having to lift the motor mounts and install the headers without having to lossen those 2 big motor mount bolts just lower the motor back down after the headers are tight. I think it should work intheory I have a pic of how high up I was able to jack the motor will post later its on my phone right now.

While working on the oil pan gasket I think I may have found something that might make the header install easier. I heard alot of talk about how difficult it was to retighten the bolts for the motor mounts because the headers sit right on top of them. What if you lossen the bolts from the block to the motor mount they are the 2 smaller bolts on the under side of the motor mount that is what i did when i took the oil pan out. you can lift the motor without having to lift the motor mounts and install the headers without having to lossen those 2 big motor mount bolts just lower the motor back down after the headers are tight. I think it should work intheory I have a pic of how high up I was able to jack the motor will post later its on my phone right now.
Good eye.

I think I covered this in the install thread. Take a look in there.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone received an email yet?

I will be in if the price is right.

I will be in if the price is right.

After watching this thread I can understand how frustating everyone is. I bought my TMH,s back in 07 i think. They were cheaper then. I called Bob about replacement bolts due to exhuast leaks and and he sent me new hardware and a new drivers side header. So if anyone needs one, I do have a used drivers side for sale. If interested please pm me.
Sorry for Hi-jacking. I will post this in the for sale section.

Id like to go in on this, PMed my name email ect... Can i yse the contact info off of TM website to get a hold of who i need to? Just want to know im doin it right and all good for the group buy.

PM'd you Binklesworth.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if some are ready can he ship some of them out? i have sent him half my money already and can send the other half now...

Back