TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Hmmm... Thinking about this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm interested, what kind of deal is he willing to give?

i call and call and there's no answer, whats another way to get in touch with them

i call and call and there's no answer, whats another way to get in touch with them

Talk to your senator. I think it requires an act of congress. :confused:

Talk to your senator. I think it requires an act of congress. :confused:

LMAO!!!

Yeah, tried and tried to get through also, but to no avail.

Just wondering....It's been three months since the start of this group buy and there are others who ordered weeks before this began. Since then, I've heard "He has a few sets now" and "They just need to go to the powder coaters" and so on...

Has ANYONE received a set this year yet???

I think one of these days I'm just going to go down to American Racing Headers by me and see how much it'd cost to have them make a set. I'd go to Kooks but they moved :(.

I'm curious, what else does this business do? Torque Monster I mean.

Just called al's and got an answer, placed an order request fir my pass side manifold, said they would call me back and the timeline is about a week or two. I called around 10:30 central time. Maybe thats a good time to get ahold of them.

I'm curious, what else does this business do? Torque Monster I mean.

Al's Headers manufactures headers for a lot of small brands and racers. Torque Monster was a brand that was sold by Bob Pasquel. He since stopped selling them, and Al's agreed to continue manufacturing them and selling direct to us.

I think one of these days I'm just going to go down to American Racing Headers by me and see how much it'd cost to have them make a set. I'd go to Kooks but they moved :(.

IIRC, the cost including prototyping and jig costs, if you were to sell 20 or 25, whatever their minimum for a run would be, with MSDS headers, uncoated mild steel headers would run about $750-800 each for the first run, and only for a single style, with or without the external EGR. Each style would be a separate run. Afterwards, the costs would go down since the prototyping and jig cost would no longer be involved. Larger runs would be cheaper... but wouldn't actually happen as you can see on this forum. I did contact them personally to discuss it. They would have been willing to give us a discount on runs after the first as well, so you could have probably expected future runs to be closer to $500 or less. But that is assuming you could sell 50 headers at an average cost of $650+...

I would expect the cost for American Racing Headers to be the same.

Once again... Has anyone gotten an email? Not being impatient or anything I just want to make sure I didn't get left out or something.

Slsini was emailing erica at als headers today, and she quoted me a price of 680 for internal headers, and said the 80 dollar discount was for external egr headers... Huh? I sent her the discount posted on here and never got a response. Anyone know what he is talking about?

Woop!! I just got a email from Erica earlier today saying: "Wednesday they will ship, my guys are just making sure everything is good to go." Looks like we'll be getting the headers soon, thank god haha

ok I live only 2miles from his shop. He makes custom headers and exhaust for all kinds of motorsports vehicles. I know most of you know how many Baja race teams there are here in the OC. His shop is completely packed on the streets and both the front and back parking lots with off road vehicles of all kinds he is ridiculously busy. Trust me he aint goin no where any time soon and he has been there a while. He showed me what he had ready and I expressed to him everybodies concern for some units to ship out. He said he will be making 55 units total about half egr and half not. He had a pile of tubes welded to flanges he just needed to do the final weld to join the primary pieces together and he said he would have 25 units off to powdercoat asap. He did play games with me even when I told him I was from explorer forum and he tried to sell me a set for full price I mention the discount and he then said %10. I think we are gonna need to figure out how many people have officialy put a down payment down so we can figure out a simple dollar amount discount I am thinking arount $100. he is making 55 units even at $689 for the egr version he will pull in around $37,000. That's alot of freakin money. Especially him not being a struggling little ma and pa shop I think he can afford to give a flat $100 discount for egr and maybe $89 for non. But My primary concern is for someone to get something in writing or an official email from the company stateing the discount. I will take pics next time I go by the shop so you guys can see the place. If any of you guys have any concerns hit me up and I will see what I can do for ya. Makes it easy for me to stop by the shop after work when it is only like 3 blocks from my house.

I was going to break down this entire 3 month thread to bring to light that the same promises, excuses and assurances are being made time and again from people heading this deal to first hand "on the ground" witnesses. I was going to quote post by post the rhetoric on what deal was going to be/is, where "we" are at on a production stand point and an estimated timeline, the number of orders made, the number of calls and e-mails not returned, the "we have a bunch of sets ready to be sent out" to "I was there today and seen a bunch of tubes ready to be welded", what was said and when, small time business without the cashflow to make a run of 25 headers vs. a full parking lot of customers and is so busy he can't return phone calls to people who prepaid for headers 3 months ago but has the time to give people grand tours of his operation, and on and on and on....

But I'm sure anyone with any instinct, common sense and has the ability to read can see the obvious that this whole situation is EPIC BS.

Erica emailed me yesterday and stated that my headers were complete and going to ship out to me this Wednesday. I have not called or harassed her since giving her my initial information. Will follow up when I receive them or hear something else.

I was going to break down this entire 3 month thread to bring to light that the same promises, excuses and assurances are being made time and again from people heading this deal to first hand "on the ground" witnesses. I was going to quote post by post the rhetoric on what deal was going to be/is, where "we" are at on a production stand point and an estimated timeline, the number of orders made, the number of calls and e-mails not returned, the "we have a bunch of sets ready to be sent out" to "I was there today and seen a bunch of tubes ready to be welded", what was said and when, small time business without the cashflow to make a run of 25 headers vs. a full parking lot of customers and is so busy he can't return phone calls to people who prepaid for headers 3 months ago but has the time to give people grand tours of his operation, and on and on and on....

But I'm sure anyone with any instinct, common sense and has the ability to read can see the obvious that this whole situation is EPIC BS.

Just stop posting. Your posts are not helpful at all in this thread, and as you can see, there are people posting now who are being notified of their headers being shipped. No one pre-paid 3 months ago. The thread started 3 months ago, but they didn't start taking orders on the GB until early-mid february. Everything is running right on schedule, and the only one complaining is you, someone who isn't in any way involved in this group buy.

Everything you just said is bullshit, and none of it reflects in any way what has been said in this thread, or how things have been explained to you. If you post this kind of thing again, I'm going to complain to a moderator, and I encourage others to do so as well. You have already been told by SEVERAL members who have been on this forum for years longer than you have that this is not a scam, and that though slow, they always deliver. Not everyone has a warehouse full of products ready to go at your beck and call. If you don't like it, don't do business with them, and stay out of this thread. This is a thread for a group buy for Torque Monster headers, not a thread for you to espouse how you believe businesses should conduct themselves.

If you want the soup, you will have to go thru the soup Nazi. Even you stated this--
These headers are nothing new. If you had searched you find there has always been a "speedy delivery" issue.

Quit whining, or you might find this source of communication gone to you. :mad:

If you want the soup, you will have to go thru the soup Nazi. Even you stated this--
These headers are nothing new. If you had searched you find there has always been a "speedy delivery" issue.

Quit whining, or you might find this source of communication gone to you. :mad:

way to be. if you can manage to piss jon off, you dun sumthin MAJORLY wrong! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well he has half my money and i expressed my concern for getting these asap in the beginning and i have not harassed them once since then. but i did not get an email today about anything shipping out so i hope i get one of the first ones... someone mentioned he does full exhaust too..
..so is there any interest in a group buy on full exhaust from the header back? maybe someone close by can leave a vehicle for testing or whatever?
that way those with headers will have pretty much the best possible exhaust system from start to finish? or perhaps he went though to much of us complaining that he would have no interest in that..thought a thought...

Back