• Register Today It's free!

Traded the explorer in today.

kgd102

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport SOHC - 4x4
I couldn't hold back in getting a 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 (that and my wife finally gave in to my whining). That truck is just too sweet and the explorer was a $hitbox for me. I'm not sad to see the stupid thing go. That was the last ford I'll ever own. So I guess I will not need this board anymore. Thank you to everyone who helped me out along the way while owning my explorer, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I can find a Dodge RAM board as great and helpful as this. If only the ford dealers were 1/2 as intelligent as the people here there would have been no problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well farewell,if you ever regain your senses and buy another ex we will be here:D Just Kidding:p

The RAM 1500 is one nice truck! Good luck in the future with it. Remember that we are all nice guys here, and if you have any general automotive (non-Mopar) questions, bring them to us. Everyone here is more than glad to help!
Robb

Just my .02 worth

but i would not own a Chrysler product if someone gave me one. i have hab noothing but problems with two I have owned. I think Chryslers are the biggest piece of crap being built, and as the new rams go I rank their looks right up ther with the Aztec. Butt F Ugly!

Dan you got about a dimes worth on that one:)

easy there Dan! That's plain rude! Let's not send a friend off like that!

Good luck kgd102!

I would be right there with you...
If I wasn't $9,000 upside down.
Can we all say, "Thank You Firestone".

And with their 7 year/100,000 mile warranty, I would say that you shouldn't have any worries about it being a piece.

kgd...you see that big carpeted panel in the back of your cab below the rear window??? We manufacture that part...if you would like it in a different color or something let me know.

I just have to know...

which one of those engines did you get in that thing?

Dan - A little harsh there! It's cool though, the way you feel about Dodge is the way I feel about ford. They make the absolute worst vehicles except maybe daewoo or yugo but not far behind. I bet daewoo and yugo had better service though. I'm glad you are lucky enough to have good enough fortunes with a ford to stay with it.

Jason - Wanted to go with the 5.9L but only got the 4.7L. I'm happy with it though. Beats the crap out of my explorer.

SSIKORA - Maybe I'll take you up on that offer some day. Thanks for the info.

Did your '98 go through some SOHC trouble?

Sorry about my comment Dan! Our friend was a foe!

Hey kgd102, if you're leaving, then go! Don't hang around just to talk ****!!!:shoot:

As biased as I am towards Ford, I do have to say the new Dodge Ram's look pretty awsome. I don't mind Dodge's as a family friend owns a 2500 and I've driven it. As long as you NEVER buy a Chevy your still ok. Congrats on the new truck!!

Oh yeah for Dodge trucks go over to www.dodgetrucks.com. there are some great people over there too.

Why must we all have so much hate towards other vehicles? I am partial to chevy cars, and ford trucks but I love cars and trucks in general. They all got their good and bad points and if he comes back and posts some pics of his new ram lifted with bigger rubber we'd all love it :)

the way I feel about ford. They make the absolute worst vehicles except maybe daewoo or yugo but not far behind.

All the Fords I have owned put into the same realm as the daewoo! All the Xs everyone on this forum owns put into the same realm as the yugo!

You are a pilgram in an unholy land my friend.

You should have held out on getting a new Ram. For 2003 they are producing the 5.7L Hemi. 345hp and 365 lb-torque. That is a ballzy engine. I like Dodge. I work on them. I like Ford too.

Good luck to you and your new truck. I hope you like them. I have yet to see any problems with them at all.

Eric

Back