Solved - Transfer Case 4x4 Issue | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved Transfer Case 4x4 Issue

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wicked cool! That is what the dealership charges just to bring it in the door

Wicked cool! That is what the dealership charges just to bring it in the door
Yeah I've got two other cars that are too new for me to work on. Took my Buick to the dealer and they charged 170 to diagnose a bad thermostat plus another 1200 to actually fix it. I hate new cars

Yeah I've got two other cars that are too new for me to work on. Took my Buick to the dealer and they charged 170 to diagnose a bad thermostat plus another 1200 to actually fix it. I hate new cars
new cars are so much harder! :banghead: only thing easier on them is changing a 4 banger spark plug... other than that, too many computers :banghead:

Turns out all is not well I guess, the ABS still locks up and the front wheels bind horribly making sharp turns and sometimes while driving around, my front output shaft speed sensor is dead, rear output shaft reads correctly and front reads 0.0 regardless of speed. Time to see if the sensor is dead I guess. 😓

Turns out all is not well I guess, the ABS still locks up and the front wheels bind horribly making sharp turns and sometimes while driving around, my front output shaft speed sensor is dead, rear output shaft reads correctly and front reads 0.0 regardless of speed. Time to see if the sensor is dead I guess. 😓
sorry to hear that. let us know your findings! these things steal our attention all the time! :D oh well, i keep telling myself ive passes the point of no return, and that theres a light at the end of the tunnel :D once you get your OMEs to go with your 31s and do a TT for your trips, youll know what im saying;)

Geesh I thought they had you fixed up

I hate the torque on demand t cases I really do

sorry to hear that. let us know your findings! these things steal our attention all the time! :D oh well, i keep telling myself ive passes the point of no return, and that theres a light at the end of the tunnel :D once you get your OMEs to go with your 31s and do a TT for your trips, youll know what im saying;)
Well and then pulling the engine after that and fixing the oil leaks it has, convinced it's gonna be a never ending struggle with this thing

Well and then pulling the engine after that and fixing the oil leaks it has, convinced it's gonna be a never ending struggle with this thing
thats the name of the game ;) keeps us on our toes! and gives us excuses to always buy spare parts and new tools:D:D:D

Whoever said the pins were wrong, I hate you so much 🥲. The green power pin was going to nothing so the front output shaft sensor was dead. ABS still locks up on the front left wheel but I'm pretty sure the shop just didn't set it in right.

Whoever said the pins were wrong, I hate you so much 🥲. The green power pin was going to nothing so the front output shaft sensor was dead. ABS still locks up on the front left wheel but I'm pretty sure the shop just didn't set it in right.
Definitely wouldn’t be the first.

The wiring shop did not find that?

The wiring shop did not find that?
Apparently not, and you'd think they'd make sure everything was good before they give it back but whatever. Anyways the ABS seems like the sensor isn't tightened all the way, it reads and then once it gets to less than 7mph it reads 0mph makes me think it's loose. Time to find a new mechanic I guess.

Show them their mistakes maybe they will learn? I know I do

Good mechanics that know these vehicles inside and out can be hard to find that’s why we diy

Check the connector, and pull the sensor out of the hub and inspect it. If it’s covered in shavings, that can affect the signal

Check the connector, and pull the sensor out of the hub and inspect it. If it’s covered in shavings, that can affect the signal
Just got replaced and it's still under warranty so the shop can tear into it, ain't my problem to fix 🤣

Hey, who knows. Maybe they’ll actually fix something this time.

Still have the case if you need it...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back