Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
We should probably discuss paying this place a visit.... although personally my October is pretty slammed. Just putting it out there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We should probably discuss paying this place a visit.... although personally my October is pretty slammed. Just putting it out there.

I hate to even start the thread given how many trips I have had to back out of lately:banghead:

I hate to even start the thread given how many trips I have had to back out of lately:banghead:
So are you saying if we plan a trip, you still can't make it? I know Brian will come out as long as he's not working that weekend, and RJ will if he can... But not sure if we'll get any additional besides my parents.

JP needs some reinforcement behind the shock towers, and the front axle double checked. But I'm deep into the Navajo right now, so it's been getting neglected:( I even stole the battery out of it last week.

So are you saying if we plan a trip, you still can't make it?

I just don't want to be the one to set a date and then have to cancel. I had another eye surgery two weeks ago and I'm still having to deal with that crap.

We need to take this to a new thread in the offroad planning forum.

So are you saying if we plan a trip, you still can't make it? I know Brian will come out as long as he's not working that weekend, and RJ will if he can...

If I can. I was supposed to be getting the final surgery to remove the last of the cancer, but it has come back in the liver again so i don't know what kind of shape I'll be in physically for the rest of the year.

If I can. I was supposed to be getting the final surgery to remove the last of the cancer, but it has come back in the liver again so i don't know what kind of shape I'll be in physically for the rest of the year.

I sure hope they knock it out this time around. So sorry that you have to deal with that crap.

So it sounds like we need to push this later in the year or just wait till January.

So I propose early November or wait till MLK. Thoughts?

So it sounds like we need to push this later in the year or just wait till January.

So I propose early November or wait till MLK. Thoughts?

I would really like to get out there more than once a year, so I will definitely do my best to be there for a Fall run.

Late October, early November, then MLK too. That's my vote. Heck, I would go this weekend if it wasn't so hot out there. I am driving the Explorer to a horse show today to get it out of the garage. It needs some sun on its roof and dirt on its tires.

I just got back from the eye doc. The last surgery lowered the IOP, but not enough. I now have another surgery scheduled for Sep 6. That should give me plenty of time to recoup, and get my ass to Truck Haven :chug:

So I propose Veterans Day weekend, which is Nov 10-12. :dunno:

So I propose Veterans Day weekend, which is Nov 10-12. :dunno:

Sounds good to me. As of now my schedule is clear for that weekend and that gives me plenty of time after the Sep 6, surgery.

How about everyone else?

We're retired so...... JUST let us know. Icarus is undergoing minor surgery (exhaust leak, fuel pump replace) before we let the H3 go we took the blue top out and gave it to Icarus. Mud is still down for major surgery rear axle swap Done, front still under the wrench. Its a maybe.
And the H2 just like the H3 before it is staying home! Lol

****!

I can't do Veterans Day weekend. I already have reservations in Vegas for the SEMA Show. SEMA is the first Tuesday of November. This year that doesn't fall until November 6:banghead:

****!

I can't do Veterans Day weekend. I already have reservations in Vegas for the SEMA Show. SEMA is the first Tuesday of November. This year that doesn't fall until November 6:banghead:

Ahhhh....SEMA is Oct 30-Nov 2nd . You better check your reservation... cause your going to be a week late:confused:

****!

Boooooooooo

Ahhhh....SEMA is Oct 30-Nov 2nd . You better check your reservation... cause your going to be a week late:confused:

You are right, I'm glad you checked that out. I checked and my reservations are correct, I made the reservations months ago and forgot the dates. I don't remember them ever starting in October before. Not complaining though ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are right, I'm glad you checked that out. I checked and my reservations are correct, I made the reservations months ago and forgot the dates. I don't remember them ever starting in October before. Not complaining though ;)

So your saying you can make it to truckhaven now?

Back