Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

Ooops! I guess under the full disclosure rule, that should read ":roll: :roll: "

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bill, I finally feel like I know the Truck Haven area well enough to lead a fun run on my own :)That last one we did was a blast!

Hey Bill, I like following you around, your fun to watch......and there are nearly always bypasses at Truckhaven.

You were right Rick, that last ride was a blast.

I can't wait....I asked for the 17-21 off so I can go out there Thursday night or early Friday morning and stay till Monday!!!! Anybody else??

Yep Char and I will be out there Thursday night some time so we are up for a full day on Friday:D :exporange :chug:

Cant wait to see all the fellow friday wheelers out there. I will be out earlish friday morning and can stay till around 6:00 that evening before I need to leave and hed to fresno for a wedding on Saturday. Dont worry I will be back to catch a good chunck of wheeling Sunday :D

Matt

THIS SEMESTER IS FINALLY OVER!!!!!! this has been the semester from hell for me. But now its time to relax and go wheelin. I'm now ready and have all the free time in the world.

I'm already all cranked up and ready to go!!! Its not soon enough for me. Next year is to be the year of the dirt for me, making it a personal point to go out wheelin every chance possible. Got my No-Slip today and its going in Monday, so I will have at least 3 wheel drive at all times!

Sorry Gopher..no more left-front, right-rear spin. I think your 2wd had more traction than that open diffed, worn out limited slip truck of mine.

Can't wait to see you all there and let loose!!:chug: :bounce: :D :cool: :shoot: :smoke: :usa:

I won't be there until late Friday night/very early Saturday morning. I wish I could be there sooner.

Diff Whack Daddy and the Mac Salad Posse.... Hmmm ... Nah:nono:

I work 4/10s M-Th at my new job at RCD so I'll probably be out Thursday night or frist thing Friday morning since I"m only about 1:15 away.
Khris

So Khris your first job is to get them to release the Explorer 4x4 lift kit, right :D

Hey Bill, it always seems to be me or you that leads. But, when I lead there are no bypasses like BKennedy said there are when you lead. That's why YOU always get to lead. Plus did you get my e-mail? I can't wait to get out there either, I'm going :confused: Well, take care, I'm out.

I think Rick has gotten pretty good at leading too...that last run was great. A definate do over.

And I don't mean to brag (well okay I do), but I remember leading at least a few runs in the last few years.:rolleyes:

I am feeling the need to get dirty!!!!! Its sucking my will to live:eek:

If you guys are hard up for leaders, I can also do it. I am also not looking for body damage but sometimes it does happen.

Rick,
I talked to one of the Marketing guys yesterday and if you want to take off your solid axle and put on some A-Arms theirs will work but then again you'll have to get a newer Ex. He said they won't market their lift for the Explorers cause they don't wont to be involved in lifting the vehicles that roll when their tires blow. But unofficially both versions of the kits should fit with some obvious grinding and a few drilling locations. This is from a marketing guy though so I'm not too sure how technically right he is. I'll talk to one of the development guys sometime and post a reply on the RCD forum under the suspension area.

Khris

what will be the official days of the thaven trip? i plan on thursday-tuesday but dont want to be the only one there or the last one left....

Take off my solid axle for A-arms:eek: No thanks.

I was inquiring for all of the folks who need lifts for their late model Explorers not myself.

That' a really lame reason not to build a kit for the Explorer. Superlift and Trailmaster already put theirs out.

The fact is that there are more Ford Explorers on the road than any other SUV built in the past decade, therefore it only makes sense that more Explorers will have accidents of all kinds.

Why don't you show the marketing guy the Car and Driver report that showed what happened when they blew a left rear tire on an Explorer at 70 MPH... You know what happened... Nothing. The truck tracked straight as an arrow.... with the drivers hands not even on the wheel :D

"Official days" are Sat-Sun. We should be there Thursday night - Monday morning.

There's gonna be wheeling on Friday though, right? I probably won't be getting in till afternoon to evening, but might want to go...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, we will be running all day Friday (probably a night run too), we usually go back to camp for lunch if we're expecting more folks to arrive.

Back