Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

Hey Kevin, I will only follow you at night, and then only in the wash right next to the camp site....Just kidding, and your truck looks awsome since its been morfed with the Navajo. Hey, why don't you call it the Explor-a-ho?

Installed my No-Slip and Ron's Fix-it-Shop rock guard today.

Rick is right, the only time a vehicle that sustaines a flat tire crashes, is if the driver does some type of improper imput, be it steering or hard braking, or both. I have investigated hundreds of collisions where people say; "I got a flat tire, its not my fault." I just finished up a fatal collision where a woman panicked and slammed on the brakes on her Infinity SUV when it got a left-rear flat. As most of you can guess, it took a right turn since the tires on the right side had much more braking ability, and hit a guardrail.

I should be able to make it out Thursday afternoon to evening. If I show up first, where do you want to camp? I liked that spot by the wash we were at last year. It was good tent camping sand, especially where Leebo was.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by BKennedy
Hey Kevin, I will only follow you at night, and then only in the wash right next to the camp site....Just kidding, and your truck looks awsome since its been morfed with the Navajo. Hey, why don't you call it the Explor-a-ho?

In the Navy we already use that term in other countries!!!!:bounce: :D

Okay...Campbell and I were drunk the other night and we I said I was taking my truck back to TH, he said okay, then I am going too (long story short). It will be good to see all of you guys again, ever since the tire and wheel and brake came off of my truck a couple months back I ahve not been too worried about body damage......Looking forward to racing the washes with Colin and squeakin and creakin with Bill........

See you guys soon

Cody

I got the time off so I signed up. Looking foward to it!!!!!
I'll be arriving Thursday evening. Sounds like Rick and a couple of more guy's & gal's will be running Friday most of the day. Can't wait.

Tom FAKRWEE

Just to let you know... I will be bringing Dash Plaques for the event they look like this:
ccr_plaque.jpg

But it will say Truck Haven 2002. They will be available for $5.00 ea.

I'll also have stickers, videos, and what's left of the T-shirts.:thumbsup:

I'm working on getting door prizes as well.

lol...see who has the biggest lights...Who puts out the most......Light....This is going be a good Truckhaven and the best part is that it seems to just be getting better withe every passing year. Awesome:D

Iam going 2 be out in texas from the jan 2 untill jan15 so i will be able 2 make it after all i just finished my 3 inch body lift to my truck i should have my 35's on by then when these tires run out but im willing 2 go out a when the first start arriving and leave wiht the last ones and i have takin this truck some good off roading but i htink it is my first chance 2 keep up wiht some modified explores and mine having a longer wheel base being a 4wd sport trac i will still attemp 2 do some rough ridin im lookin forward 2 seeing you all there and if you guys need wood or anything let me know i will keep an eye on these post. :exp: i hope 2 get drunk and have some fun but i will keep the drinking 2 the night at the fire :fire:

oh yeah i forgot 2 mention im 18 and im probably going 2 bring a friend or 2 but i was wondering if there is anyone eles near my age going 2 be there?:bounce:

Colin...Campbell doesn't have daily access to a computer these days....I think he is scared to use my Mac..lol He and I live with another friend of ours now.

2by2...yeah, there will be some younger "kids" out there
Campbell and myself are 22ish and ....hold the phone...keg of fat tire.....underage, we may need to hire security to card people at the door :p

Ford brought a 2001 Sport Trac to T-haven before it was ever released to the public :D We got to thrash on it pretty good. It did well, except fro the running boards taking a pounding. With more ground clearance it should do fine.

thaven_sprttraclift.jpg

oh, the memories......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by 2by2
oh yeah i forgot 2 mention im 18 and im probably going 2 bring a friend or 2 but i was wondering if there is anyone eles near my age going 2 be there?:bounce:

I'm 19...I'm going to be there...

2by2

The crowd that is going...its kinda like hanging out at Leasure World :p , but instead of being in the city, its out at the desert. I think this is the one weekend that leasure world lets them out. They only get so many "free weekends" For those whoe don't know..Leasure World is a gated community (city) that is for only for senior citizens. lol
Yes i'm asking for it..lol:shoot:

well sounds fun 2 me im going 2 need some help since im probably a newbie compared 2 alot of you guys but you guys seem nice so far so i htink that help wouldnt be a prob

everyone is a great group of guys. I joined the group last year for the run by just showing up and falling in line :D Wasn't even part of the website or know any of the people out there. They even let me win a windshield banner that is on my truck (only ad space on my truck) You will have a blast and will find plenty of people to help you if needed.

Matt

This is how nice a group they are. They let me..me of all people the 2wd guy follow them around. I sure do get the razzing, but its all in fun. You will have a blast. We're all out there to have a good time.
I'm 22 too.

Yeah, I was just joking about the A-Arms on your's Rick. Also, I plan on talking to them a little more about the Marketing decision. One thing I"m going to do is find out if they have tried mounting the kit on an Explorer. If it bolts right on then hey, I'll let you guys know.

2by2, I'm 24 but still feel and party like I"m 18. The only difference is now I have a little money.

Khris, maybe you can invite some of those people from work out to the run??????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gopher......

If these trips are what senior living is like, sign me up!! I can't wait to get old and retire so I can go wheelin' every day I feel like it.

The thing that makes these events fun, is there are people of all ages out there with a common interest. Even old guys like Ray Hutchenson seem to have fun. I am only 38, so I feel I can keep up with you kids.

Back