• Register Today It's free!

tt plus shackles

jammin4

Reaction score
City, State
abbotsford bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 explorer
hey everyone..so i did my torsion twist and my shackles...got two inches with no binding in front (i have the b bars)...feels aweome even tho it is only two inches...took me awhile to get the courage up...lol...was actually really easy once i got into it...now i have a two inchlift with 31 baja widetracks...next goal is 2 body lift with a superlift...oh and i have a 96 explorer...this place is awesome and thxs to all those guys who keep posting to us newbies...lol..i am from canada and hope to come down for some cool trips...cheers jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey everyone..so i did my torsion twist and my shackles...got two inches with no binding in front (i have the b bars)...feels aweome even tho it is only two inches...took me awhile to get the courage up...lol...was actually really easy once i got into it...now i have a two inchlift with 31 baja widetracks...next goal is 2 body lift with a superlift...oh and i have a 96 explorer...this place is awesome and thxs to all those guys who keep posting to us newbies...lol..i am from canada and hope to come down for some cool trips...cheers jeff

Nice clean truck ! Howdy neighbor !
Where did you purchase your shackles?
I like your bull bars - same as mine. Looks like these were pretty common for dealer installed bars (I believe they're manik or westin brand)

:chug:

hey hows things...so those are a dealer item...they came with the truck when i got it...it was from a used car lot...no sticker or anything...as for my shackles i got them from wakefield out here ...my cost was 30...they are pretty thick as i was worried about getting cheap stuff...i can hook ya up if ya need lmk...i am going to check around and see if i can get a winch to fit in there...i found a place to get a 4 inch super lift with a stainless steel skid plate for about 2200 canadian...cheapest i have seen so far...lol

what are tt shackles

I have a 1994 ford explorer xlt 4x4 i keep reading about these tt shackles and something with the torsion bar that will give you 2in of lift. could someone please explain to me how to do this it would be of great use. Thanx

dbchamp is lucky enough on his 94 truck doesnt have the torsion bar setup, he can do a nice inexpensive lift kit unlike the 95 and up torsion bar setup guys like myself.:(

thxs for the correction...i am learning lots about mine but don't know much about others...lol...so best for him to do a search for his vehicle for lifts for the front...at least the shackle setup still applies...lol...cheers

hey thanx alot that really helped me out. Does anyone use warrior shackles i found some i want but it doesnt give me a price does anyone know how much they run.

warriors are about 55.00 i bought some from 4wheelparts.com but had them price match to tellico4x4.com( i think thats the site www) i also bought a 3" recovery strap for the x. i currently have a 4" pro comp strap in the super duty and like it so i got another pro comp one for the x
ETA the warriors are stout pieces, no sheetmetal here.

Back