Very Unhappy owner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very Unhappy owner

widdleguy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I brought my truck to the dealer Thursday and I didnt get it back till Friday afternoon. The issues where the overheating and my Ford touch issues. When I took it home I thought all was well, but of course not. The my touch wasnt responding it seems to crash no matter how many time i shut it off and turned back on. It is worse now then before. This by far is my worse truck waisted the entire night with this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I brought my truck to the dealer Thursday and I didnt get it back till Friday afternoon. The issues where the overheating and my Ford touch issues. When I took it home I thought all was well, but of course not. The my touch wasnt responding it seems to crash no matter how many time i shut it off and turned back on. It is worse now then before. This by far is my worse truck waisted the entire night with this.

Sorry to hear about the issue. It may be the tech didn't wipe the last version of MFT off before uploading the new one. The other possibility is the system may take a couple reboots before reinitializing properly. If you are so inclined, and if you haven't already, you can try pulling the MFT fuse to initiate a hard reset to see if the system reboots, restores and restabilizes itself.

Were you going from v2.4 to v2.8?

Which fuse? Maybe I'll try this.

I would love nothing better than for this to work as advertised and paid for.

Does disconnecting the battery get the same results? Do you lose all of your settings? (either way)

Does disconnecting the battery get the same results? Do you lose all of your settings? (either way)

Disconnecting the battery is what my dealer tech did.......he says he does it all the time. I did loose the settings but until all this is sorted out I don't put many in.

Left it disconnected for 2-3 minutes

Cool. I'll try this and report back.

Thank you!

removing the power at the battery may also require you to reprogram the auto-up power windows and auto close moonroof to reset the bounce-back / anti-pinch feature, which I think is simply holding the close button until it closes fully, release, then close again.

Is there a difference between pulling the fuse (or disconnecting the battery) and doing the master reset from the MFT screen?

Pulling the fuse would theoretically be a 'harder' reset than the master reset, and would hopefully be better at clearing out any errant stuff lingering in memory. Removing the battery power would be harder still since it would remove power from other modules MFT might be talking to.

At the same time I would recommend doing a hard reset on whatever phone or device you use, and also not connect the phone or other devices for a while to see how MFT performs.

Todays surprise!

Anyone had this while running v2.8?

Pulled SD card 5X still keeps happening.......I guess I'm due for a Microsoft power down fuse pull.

They should have a page in the Owners Manual. "For those owners who purchased My Ford Touch, You will need to pull fuse #29 at least once a week"

SYNCMFT.jpg

Pulling the fuse would theoretically be a 'harder' reset than the master reset, and would hopefully be better at clearing out any errant stuff lingering in memory. Removing the battery power would be harder still since it would remove power from other modules MFT might be talking to.

At the same time I would recommend doing a hard reset on whatever phone or device you use, and also not connect the phone or other devices for a while to see how MFT performs.

I've done hard resets of my mobile devices, and a Master Reset of MFT. My problems remain. I was hoping that fuse pulling or battery disconnection might have greater powers, although I still don't see how anyone can actually get to fuse 29. You all must be a band of double-jointed midgets.

Todays surprise!

Pulled SD card 5X still keeps happening.......I guess I'm due for a Microsoft power down fuse pull.

They should have a page in the Owners Manual. "For those owners who purchased My Ford Touch, You will need to pull fuse #29 at least once a week"

SYNCMFT.jpg

Mine does this several times per day.

Good times.

I do a hard reset on my iPhone just about every day, hoping this might help.

Nada.

I'm pulling the battery cable shortly.

Todays surprise!

SYNCMFT.jpg

I would imagine you have one of two issues here: 1.) bad SD card or 2.) bad SD card reader.

I might try and copy the SD nav card to another card and see what happens.

Another thing I noticed is that there is a read only switch on the side of the card - try toggling this - perhaps you bumped it by accident.

I would not expect this to be a software issue. (but .... then again).

If these don't work - I wouldn't pull fuse 29 or the battery cable. I'd just take it to the dealer.

Oh and try and blow the dust out of the SD card reader slot and inspect your SD card for worn/damaged pins.

Todays surprise!

SYNCMFT.jpg

I had this problem a week or two ago with 2.8.

Took it to the dealership and they had to replace the APIM.

So far, it has been fine.

What is an APIM?

Maybe I need mine replaced.

Same issues.

Still waiting for Ford rep to call me back.

What is an APIM?

Maybe I need mine replaced.

Same issues.

Still waiting for Ford rep to call me back.

( APIM) ,Accessory Proticol Interface Module.I look at this a an I/O module,handles commands from screen input and outputs to all devices.I may be wrong on this,but with my experience with program control,this would be my best guess.

Thanks jrmexplorer

I toggled the SD card switch as you suggested and its back working.

So we will see how long this lasts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pulling the fuse would theoretically be a 'harder' reset than the master reset, and would hopefully be better at clearing out any errant stuff lingering in ...

Well, I'd say that you're correct since I did my second master reset tonight (in two weeks of ownership) and it kept all of my radio and Sirius presets, so obviously it's not a full reset. Of course, now my phonebook won't download, which was never a problem before. It just keeps getting better.

I like the EX as a vehicle, but MFT is awful.

Back