Very Unhappy owner | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very Unhappy owner

Very un happy owner

Back to the dealer, I tried the battery reset but no luck and my car has no fuse 29. It sounds like a corrupted down load and properly will need a new maregual. That appears to be the only fix. I miss my Edge and Mountaineer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my car has no fuse 29.

Not to sound like a total ass, but really? If you have the only MFT equipped explorer with no fuse #29, that could be the issue. If not, I think you need to RTFM. It might make you a slightly less unhappy owner to understand how your explorer works at least a little.

P.S. What is a maregual?

Update......Navigation not working again, same fault message so back to the dealer yet again.

Mine gave the same Navigation error about a month ago- no navigation function. I took it in, they diagnosed it as an APIM fault and ordered the part. After the first round of sitting in the dealership for half a day I was reluctant to have to go through that again and was actually happy when a meeting reschedule rpevented me from making the appointment. Then the system somehow fixed itself and has been working fine ever since.

I think it would be rather humiliating if they figure out that the flimsy Chinese made SD Memory cards that come with the vehicle are the source of the delays and locked up MFT screens....

Anyone know if these SD cards can be cloned onto faster, more robust, and better made cards?

Am I wrong to think this may be a source for our problems?

I think it would be rather humiliating if they figure out that the flimsy Chinese made SD Memory cards that come with the vehicle are the source of the delays and locked up MFT screens....

Anyone know if these SD cards can be cloned onto faster, more robust, and better made cards?

Am I wrong to think this may be a source for our problems?

You mean faster, more robust, and better made cards from China? Then maybe.

I use memory cards all day long. They do go bad and some come bad. I can't help but think this could be part of it. At least for the lagging, unresponsive, and often crashing Nav.

Maybe the MFT memory unit is in the same boat?

I dunno. I just hate that mine doesn't work.

I use memory cards all day long. They do go bad and some come bad. I can't help but think this could be part of it. At least for the lagging, unresponsive, and often crashing Nav.

Maybe the MFT memory unit is in the same boat?

I dunno. I just hate that mine doesn't work.

I don't have NAV, and by extension no cheap SD card. I have plenty of MFT issues though, so I doubt that cheap cards is the root of all of the problems.

Damn. The waning optimist in me really wants to find a simple solution to all of this. I really want my new car to work.

Sadly, I think any solution for all of these annoying problems has to come from Redmond.

Damn. The waning optimist in me really wants to find a simple solution to all of this. I really want my new car to work.

Sadly, I think any solution for all of these annoying problems has to come from Redmond.

I doubt that. While the underlying sync technology is licensed from Microsoft, I doubt they have much to do with the MFT overlay, and I'm sure that's where the issues lie. It's on Ford or whoever developed the software interface for them. I'm afraid that really the solution is a "back to the drawing board" approach that probably won't benefit existing users. I'm hopeful that we'll at least get one substantial update soon that addresses the most obvious issues. But who knows.

Thanks jrmexplorer

I toggled the SD card switch as you suggested and its back working.

So we will see how long this lasts.

Sgt - sorry to hear that it is back to not working..... BUT - if toggling the switch on the SD card did the trick at least temporarily - I'd be willing to bet that its a bad SD card. I'd be really interested to see if either you or LoganFilm that have been having this issue have any success in the SD card copy. Just get a new SD card and copy the old ford nav over, or repurpose one out of a digital camera for a few hours.

I'd also be curious to see if a faster SD card would improve booting time (which for me is pretty fast, but Loganfilm seems to have issues)

Sgt - sorry to hear that it is back to not working..... BUT - if toggling the switch on the SD card did the trick at least temporarily - I'd be willing to bet that its a bad SD card. I'd be really interested to see if either you or LoganFilm that have been having this issue have any success in the SD card copy. Just get a new SD card and copy the old ford nav over, or repurpose one out of a digital camera for a few hours.

I'd also be curious to see if a faster SD card would improve booting time (which for me is pretty fast, but Loganfilm seems to have issues)

It seems Loganfilm is having lots of issues as you scan the various forum topics. If i was him i would bring the X into the dealership for a major review and overhaul to ensure that all area of teh X work properly. it appears for the posts that virtually nothing works, or if it does, it only works marginally at best. Amazing for a car that he has had for less then 2 weeks

it seems loganfilm is having lots of issues as you scan the various forum topics. If i was him i would bring the x into the dealership for a major review and overhaul to ensure that all area of the x work properly. It appears for the posts that virtually nothing works, or if it does, it only works marginally at best. Amazing for a car that he has had for less then 2 weeks

+1

Back to the dealer, I tried the battery reset but no luck and my car has no fuse 29. It sounds like a corrupted down load and properly will need a new maregual. That appears to be the only fix. I miss my Edge and Mountaineer.

Just a note that fuse 29 is in the box under the dash, not in the box under the hood.

Back from the dealer and i need a new ford touch system and its on order.Thanks for the info,fuse 29 is under dash.

Happy again

Had the my touch replaced it seems to work fine now. Does anyone have any info on RKE/VSS REMOTE START SYSTEM, (the 200 series system)? When will it be available to purchase? This is a alarm / auto start plug and play.

Related to this thread, has anyone copied the files from the SD card in case of failure or is it copy protected in some way?

There are obvious ways to check this, but I have not gotten around to it yet.

R

Had the my touch replaced it seems to work fine now. Does anyone have any info on RKE/VSS REMOTE START SYSTEM, (the 200 series system)? When will it be available to purchase? This is a alarm / auto start plug and play.

Please be clear about what was actually replaced. There are a LOT of us going through problems and we'd love to know what and how this was handled.

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Please be clear about what was actually replaced. There are a LOT of us going through problems and we'd love to know what and how this was handled.

Thank you!

Folks, there is no FIX for the MFT. It is clearly fundamentally flawed and buggy. This being said, after reading all of the posts here on the forum, there can be failed loads, which in itself violates basic programming standards. How about some CRC checks or internal performance checks?

No one is going to have the answer to MFT other than a brand new software package - not an update - a complete overhaul.

R

Back