Warranty on a Ford Freestyle...HA!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warranty on a Ford Freestyle...HA!!!

Orientexps

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester Co., NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Eddie Bauer
OK... love my Explorer...begining to hate Fords warranties.
My wifes 05 Freestyle went into the shop for a recall, while there I had them check a buzzing noise coming from the tranny. I had a friend check up on what was going on with the car and he's told that they voided the warranty because there is a class 3 hitch on it. Mind you that there's 12,000 miles on the car and the hitch doesn't have a scratch on it, since its never been used. It doesn't even have wiring for trailer lights. Anyone deal with this BS before? Oh by the way, the reason for the hitch is that I have a Stowaway cargo carrier for traveling. (Gotta carry the 4 kids stuff somewhere.)

They legally can't void your warranty unless they can prove that the hitch was used and towed an amount in excess of what the vehicle is rated for. Go to another dealer. That one is full of bs. You can also call and complain to Ford if you want.

They do offer a Class 3 hitch for Freestyle, I don't see why they would void the warranty for having one installed. If it was installed by a reputable company, they should accept it as it is and forget about it. I would consult a different dealership or contact your Attorney generals office about the dealership.

Back