Warrior 153 shackles install with pics | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

What are the demensions of the warrior shackles? And how thick of steel is it...I might try and make my own

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Found this picture somewhere and saved it but have not verified if it is accurate.

Attachments

• warrior.jpg
    warrior.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 956

Great thread. I used all the tips. My stock shackles were burnt toast. Crumbling away with the passenger side already letting loose and collapsing up to the frame.I installed the cheaper Autozone shackles because they came with new bushings and I didn't have the cash for the Warriors right now. Breaker bar and spraying down with Kroil a day before really helped.

Great thread. I used all the tips. My stock shackles were burnt toast. Crumbling away with the passenger side already letting loose and collapsing up to the frame.I installed the cheaper Autozone shackles because they came with new bushings and I didn't have the cash for the Warriors right now. Breaker bar and spraying down with Kroil a day before really helped.

High five

I realize this is probably a dumb question, but my warrior shackles arrived today and the middle brace between the arms isn't center, it's offset, and I assume for a reason. So question is do you install the longer arms up or down?
Thanks,

Long Arms up.... It keeps the cross brace from hitting the frame when the suspension compresses and the spring goes flattish (e.g. longer).

~Mark

Just wanted to give a big thanks to Four0Sport for this write up on how to replace the rear spring shackles with the Warrior shackles. I used his idea of using the bottle jack between the frame & the spring to line up the spring with the Warrior shackles, worked perfectly. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish. I had one stubborn bolt on the passengers side lower, the bolt that goes through the leaf spring bushing. I sprayed it with a lot of PB Blaster & hit it a couple times with my air chisel & it popped loose.

Back