Water Leak | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford offered us two settlement amounts so far on our lemon law case but our Attorney said Ford will buy this piece of crap back giving us every penny we put into it plus Attorney fees. I urge anyone with more than one occurence with this problem to get a Lemon Law Attorney as Ford is responsible for your Attorney fees in a Lemon case.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crystal, please don't take this personally, but this water leak issue was first reported in 2011. I can see why members would be skeptical that Ford is doing anything about solving the problem which now is appearing in the 2014 model. The thing that I find amusing is that Ford has issued a TSB on a sticky console door; 11-10-27 FORWARD CENTER CONSOLE STORAGE BIN DOOR DIFFICULT TO OPEN, but they have said nothing about the water leak or the sudden loss of steering which in my opinion are much more important that a sticky console door. Can you really blame some owners for wondering if Ford is really doing anything about it or really cares.
I know that you and the other reps that monitor the forum are doing the best that you can and are unfortunately caught in the middle. You are all doing a great job and I applaud Ford for having reps monitoring the site. We are fortunate to have you.
Going for a coffee now.

Peter

I thought I was the only one that had the sudden loss of steering. It happened to me about 4 times where the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree and I could literally do nothing. Is this what people are reporting?

I couldn't agree more though, Crystal I applaud your effort, but unfortunately there are zero results.

Ford offered us two settlement amounts so far on our lemon law case but our Attorney said Ford will buy this piece of crap back giving us every penny we put into it plus Attorney fees. I urge anyone with more than one occurence with this problem to get a Lemon Law Attorney as Ford is responsible for your Attorney fees in a Lemon case.

Ooo so they will cover the fees, I didn't know that. So there you go everyone, im guessing once enough goes back for the same reason they'll fix the issue

Interesting. I won a lemon law case against GM back in 2000. GM ordered me a brand new vehicle, (a Firebird TransAm Ram Air WS-6 which I still own). Attorney fees were NOT included. Oh well !

I also visited the jeep forum and found no major problems like the explorer is having.

I watched thus very forum for nearly a year before i pulled the trigger on my 2013 in November of last year and somehow missed the exhaust smell and water leak issues. I have not had the leak, yet. However, my ex is garaged most of the time. I'm out of town with it now so its not in a garage and we had a good soaking last night, so we'll see.

Sunroof?

I'll be taking posession of a new Limited in a couple weeks - and it will have the Dual Panel Moonroof.

The leak showing up in the 3rd row seating area is tricky, but I think there's a possibility its related to the sun roof drip tray and related drain lines.

Question: If you've reported a leak here, could you also let us know if your car has the sun roof (aka Dual Panel Moon Roof)? Maybe there's a connection here...

I'll be taking posession of a new Limited in a couple weeks - and it will have the Dual Panel Moonroof.

The leak showing up in the 3rd row seating area is tricky, but I think there's a possibility its related to the sun roof drip tray and related drain lines.

Question: If you've reported a leak here, could you also let us know if your car has the sun roof (aka Dual Panel Moon Roof)? Maybe there's a connection here...
I recall reading only one post where it seems the leak was attributed to the moonroof. It seems that the most have the leak from where the roof rails are fastened to the roof.

Peter

No moonroof

My car doesn't have a moonroof and I don't think it matters if u do or don't.
This is a major problem for ford but apparently not a concern as of yet.
Keep bringing them back and don't send anyone your information you can follow through with this yourself

FORD SERVICE has not solved any problems that I'm aware of since 2011 till now,
They have had a chance to get someone involved from ford and they would have posted there accomplishments .

If you see a leak coming in from the seat belts you are one of us that need action not promises. they are not being addressed .
Keep bitc.,.
Frank

My car doesn't have a moonroof and I don't think it matters if u do or don't.
This is a major problem for ford but apparently not a concern as of yet.
Keep bringing them back and don't send anyone your information you can follow through with this yourself

FORD SERVICE has not solved any problems that I'm aware of since 2011 till now,
They have had a chance to get someone involved from ford and they would have posted there accomplishments .

If you see a leak coming in from the seat belts you are one of us that need action not promises. they are not being addressed .
Keep bitc.,.
Frank
FordService isn't here to solve this problem. They are an intermediary between the owners here and the appropriate Ford people that they deal with. They have been very helpful in getting some of our issues addressed by providing information and/or getting our issues sent directly to the appropriate regional customer service personnel. It is up to the dealers and Ford to solve and address problems. The customer service reps here are doing a good job and we are very fortunate to have them.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Peter

Peter
Haven't heard anyone have there problem solved this is a problem that should be first on the list for them
Not only is it a safety hazard and concern but a problem that is not a good thing for ford to overlook
Consider this ; the weather changes and were in the month of December you get into your car and the windows are frozen not only outside but inside to.
Then figure if you want your kids or grand kids in those back seats when the water has been coming in all summer and the seatbelt restraints are rusty and won't be a good hold down for even your groceries.
If they want to help I imagine they have an in with ford upper management.
If you don't want me too downplay there interest and care on this site they should get with it.
Post there accomplishments I'm interested , I hope your not talking about letting people know when there car will be delivered to the dealer
Not happy with FORD
Frank

Peter
Haven't heard anyone have there problem solved this is a problem that should be first on the list for them
Frank, I didn't go too far back in this thread but there are at least 2 members that got it fixed. Posts 187 and 207. There may be others. I'm not attempting to downplay the issue but I think the steering failure is a more serious one and they still haven't got that right. Water leaking into the cabin is also a serious issue from many standpoints. Very disappointed that the issues identified in 2011 are still there in the 2014 models. Not a very good track record I must admit.

Peter

Roof Rail Leak

I recall reading only one post where it seems the leak was attributed to the moonroof. It seems that the most have the leak from where the roof rails are fastened to the roof.

Peter

I'll keep that in mind after I get my 2014 Limited in hand.

Thanks.

Interesting. I won a lemon law case against GM back in 2000. GM ordered me a brand new vehicle, (a Firebird TransAm Ram Air WS-6 which I still own). Attorney fees were NOT included. Oh well !

All state laws are different, Ohio is among the best and Ford is responsible for Atty. fees here in lemon law cases

I'll keep that in mind after I get my 2014 Limited in hand.

Thanks.

The leaks are coming from many different spots because the welds keep cracking. Mine was first leaking where the roof and side panel was welded and then near the hinge for the rear hatch and all they do is caulk the crack with black sticky stuff that looks awful, like house roofing sealant. It's ridiculous and Ford should be ashamed how they are dealing with it by telling everyone they never heard of the problem and then not properly fixing it.

I thought I was the only one that had the sudden loss of steering. It happened to me about 4 times where the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree and I could literally do nothing. Is this what people are reporting?

I couldn't agree more though, Crystal I applaud your effort, but unfortunately there are zero results.
Are you saying that you haven't seen the following thread with its 30 pages?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320445

Peter

Leakin again

Just dropped it at the dealers they said if the headliner has to come down so be it
I told him I wanted to put water on it before it left the dealers
He said the reginal engineer was not concerned and didn't want to be involved said the dealer should get the job done.
So that tells me that the ford service on here don't have the pull either
To be continued again!
Frank

Ours has been repaired over 10x. All American Ford in Paramus NJ sent us away after the latest leaks because they don't know what else to do. YES, THE DEALERSHIP SENT US AWAY AFTER SEEING THE ROOF STILL LEAKING! Our interior is saturated with water. Here's our leak.

http://youtu.be/o1RFtKSwqco

http://youtu.be/NgZ5qYFzPOw

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search the forums, 34 pages of unhappy customers, Im one of them.

Ours has been repaired over 10x. All American Ford in Paramus NJ sent us away after the latest leaks because they don't know what else to do. Our interior is saturated with water. Here's a video of our leak.

http://youtu.be/o1RFtKSwqco

http://youtu.be/NgZ5qYFzPOw

I urge everyone to photo document your leaks!

Back