Well i did the add-a-leaf but MAN the squeak! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well i did the add-a-leaf but MAN the squeak!

Luv2p8bal

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer
I did the torsion twist/add-a-leaf (thanks to all the great threads on this forum), and it looks good, and will look even better when i get my tires, but the rear suspension creaks like CRAZY! Even on acceleration they make noises. Over speed bumps and stuff is incredibley loud, is there anyway to at least lessen this? I thought driving on it would help but i've driven over a thousand miles since and it isn't getting better...worse if anything. Let me know what some of you guys did. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

turn the radio up louder

squeak

Your leaves might need to be reoiled. Also those little pads between the leaves might help as well. I don't know where to get any though.

WD-40. Give it a shot between the leaves every once and a while. Mine squeaked at first too, but the noises eventually went away.

yea like JSUkid06 said those pads that go in between the leafs should stop that

when i did mine i lost one of the pads and it squeaked like crazy... found the pad, put it back in and no more squeak!

Your best bet could be autozone or some other store that sells automotive parts. Maybe the Ford Parts Network. Those would probably be your best bet.

Like every said get some pads or grease especially around the bushing where the leaf spring attaches thats where that awful creaking on mine was coming from after adding the spring helpers

Thanks everyone i sprayed some wd40 on there and not they don't squeak at ALL :D

Back