What Are My Options? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Are My Options?

I want to replace the Headlight Housing Assy. Besides the OEM part, what else is out there for a 2000 XLT? If you can, provide a link to a website. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

certifit.com
Ebay.com

Have you googled collision parts for your truck?

No. Did find out that the assy. comes in two pieces. I only need the headlight part and could keep my side markers. Or just replace both headlight parts, but saw some Diamond cut/clears for $249 pair. Is this what price I'm looking at? I do not like e-bay, will not buy from there.

So I guess people are putting in the center pieces and keeping the original side markers, is this true? Or are you buying aftermarket side markers as well?

Ah i see...

Okay you said you needed to replace the headlight housing, to me this is the metal/plastic bucket that the headlight is attached too and allows you to adjust your headlights. This would be part of the header panel and basically I was pointing you to replacement collision parts that are much cheaper aftermarket then from Ford.

but what you are looking for is a new headlight itself? and now you see you can get clear corners and like them?

Try a search on thbis forum for diamond lights, clear corner lights, etc and you will see all sorts of different types, etc.

Your 2000 has the same frot grill and headlights as all 1995-2001 4 door Explorer's.

I dont like E bay either but there are plenty of good stores who sell their aftermarket lights there for cheap.

Try these:
http://www.lightlens.com/explorer.htm
http://www.slickcar.com/clear_lights.asp?SubCategory3ID=176

Just for starters.
You might also consider supporting your local customizer shop and ordering the lights you want through them.

As for what people are doing, most people just replace the yellow corner lights with the clear versions for a better cleaner look. Some people go one step further and get diamond cut headlights to match the diamond cut clear corners. There are alot of options for your truck when it comes to aftermarket appearance upgrades. You can mix match the different pieces to get any look you desire....I will be putting a 98+ Mercury front header panel/grill/lights/corners on my 96 explorer :)

Bought my diamond headlights/corners from Ebay. Was rather skeptical as well, but they turned out to be great.

Attachments

• DSC_0009 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0009 (Small).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 193

410Fortune,

I've been doing some searches here and on the net. Thanks for the links, pretty expensive though. Not sure what I'm going to do. I just might replace the drivers side with Ford parts (side marker/headlight).

IamTodd,

Looks very nice. If I may, what did those run you?

if you go with OEM parts then you should try used, buying new from the dealer is just paying too much in most cases for the same part. LOTS of people who upgrade (including myself) will let their old parts go el cheapo.

I only paid $130 to my door. I can't find the same person selling them on ebay now. These were the ones with out the caps on the headlights, and the reflectors in the corners.

I just topped them off with some HIDs this past week($215).

DSC_0005_Small_.jpg

410Fortune said:
if you go with OEM parts then you should try used, buying new from the dealer is just paying too much in most cases for the same part. LOTS of people who upgrade (including myself) will let their old parts go el cheapo.

I'll look into some used parts, hopefully I can find some that match the one on the passenger side, those are still looking pretty good.

IAmTodd said:
I only paid $130 to my door. I can't find the same person selling them on ebay now. These were the ones with out the caps on the headlights, and the reflectors in the corners.

I just topped them off with some HIDs this past week($215).

That's an awesome price. No where close to what I'm seeing on the net today.

You can definetly find them on ebay from $100-$150.

u should buy them on ebay and save yourself LOTS of money

IAmTodd said:
You can definetly find them on ebay from $100-$150.

So, for that price what am I getting exactly?

UtahX said:
So, for that price what am I getting exactly?

diamond clear headlights and turn signals. cheaper than most OEM part, even used.

Hartman said:
diamond clear headlights and turn signals. cheaper than most OEM part, even used.

So, I'm getting the corners as well, is this for both sides? If so, I've never been on e-bay before. Where do I go on the site? If you or someone could please post a link of a place selling them for that price I would appreciate it.

let us know if u need help setting up an ebay account

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FexplorerV8 said:
let us know if u need help setting up an ebay account

Well, I set up an account, and won the bid. I will pay next week and should have them I guess in 2 weeks. Thanks again for your help. I hope I like these. By the way $139.95 to my door.

Back