What are thease and would they look good on my truck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What are thease and would they look good on my truck?

What are these types of wheels called? http://www.ballersmall.com/pictures3/urbcar196.jpg
Just the plain plate behind the chrome?

How do yall think a white explorer would look with those in white instead of yellow, with these spinners? http://static.zoovy.com/img/crite2000/W180-H180-B000000/sp10_spinners_006

Do yall think that would look good? I want something thats different, but at the same time will make everyone stare. Maybe instead of painting the disk white, i could paint it black with the spinner. But i dunno...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by DroppedKamelion
Do yall think that would look good? I want something thats different, but at the same time will make everyone stare.

Oh nooo. :(

You get those and you will get stares but not for the reason you're thinking. But, hey, if YOU like 'em. Why not? Go for it! It would certainly be different.

Spinners are a waste of time and money. Not to mention they will be obsolete in a year anyway.

to each his own. however to me, nothing is obsolote. if i9 like something, im gonna get it, reguardless of its still cool or not.

Spinners are really popping up around here. I've seen about 2 dozen vehicles with them this weekend. However, they only looked decent or *gasp* good on 2-3 of those vehicles.

One of the worst: a 2002 F150 lifted with 18" spinners and 35s. Looked like @ss!

If you do get spinners, get matching surfaces. Metal on paint, eww.

Originally posted by Alec
Spinners are really popping up around here. I've seen about 2 dozen vehicles with them this weekend. However, they only looked decent or *gasp* good on 2-3 of those vehicles.
Wow. . I've only seen 2 or 3 vehicles with spinners, and I'm in So Cal. . .of course I guess you can't tell if they've got spinners when they're going 75 mph. . .

One of the worst: a 2002 F150 lifted with 18" spinners and 35s. Looked like @ss!
Oh come on. . spinners would be really cool while you're crawling. . .until you bash one on a rock and then you're out a couple thousand dollars :D :rolleyes:

Wow. . I've only seen 2 or 3 vehicles with spinners, and I'm in So Cal. . .of course I guess you can't tell if they've got spinners when they're going 75 mph. .

That's cause you live in the middle of nowhere!:p

I see them all the time in the valley, Have you seen the cheap knock offs at pep boys!:D Those are Hilarious!

just get some Hubcap Spinners and save your self alot of money!

haha

Hubcap Spinners are the bomb! I saw one the other day on a 2nd gen Accord. The driver was bopping his head as if he knew he was cool. Oh yea, spinners, baby!

:D

It sounded cool when I first heard about them, but I'm not a big fan or them nor would I ever drop that kind of cash on those. I agree that they're not going to be cool in a while. The people who can afford them are just going to get the next most expensive rims next time around.

I saw spinner hub caps on am Intrepid (sp?) that was rusted out. I laughed at the guy and he gave me the finger. What else do you expect in West Virginia, right?

Any imitation ones will look like crap. And any nice ones aren't worth the money at all. Spinners would cost more than I payed for my Explorer, and then they'd probably get jacked. I have the stock 16" chromes on my X and that's way more than enough for me. I hate not being able to clean them with this crappy weather here!

I thought you were joking at first. Thats my opinion.

Puh-leese? Tacky, Tacky, Tacky!

man they tight as hell on that impala. i still say theyd be tight with black behind em

Get a couple of shots of your x at the same angle as the car, and I'm sure someone will photoshop em for you.

i think anything that comes from a site called ballersmall is going to get the wrong kinda stares lol

Originally posted by DroppedKamelion
man they tight as hell on that impala. i still say theyd be tight with black behind em

That car looks like ass. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back