What did you do this weekend? Participation required | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

A fairly productive day, and I got paid while I was working on my own truck!

That's the best kind of days

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Next Monday looks to be slow too, so maybe I'll swap the seat cushion with a spare passenger seat. It's not bad, but that seat isn't as comfy as the seat in the '02, possibly because the cushion is just enough softer to change how the seat back fits me. The driver's seats in both Tracs are from '97-98 Explorers. I have seat covers on them so I never bothered to swap passenger seats.

Not really about my ST, but I had Tuesday off and went to go about a mile and a half to restock on Pepsi. At the 1 stoplight on my way, a flatbed hauling a terribly wrecked Sport Trac turned the corner, so instead of turning as planned I followed to see where he was taking it. I was hoping he was going to the salvage yard I go to, but he went on by and took it to COPART, so I may never see it again. Not much to salvage from what I could see. HARD rollover. The tailgate and right taillight were good, but not much else. The whole cab was mangled as was the driver's side of the bed. Even the interior was damaged, and I just saw it from the rear as I followed him. Never saw the passenger side or the front.

Also went to the salvage yard today and found an '01 Sport. I got the Sport/Sport Trac specific front section of the console, the rubber mat for inside the console and the front corner lights which are really nice. The front fenders are straight and rust free, so I may go back and get one or both. Except for a few minor hail dings, the hood is in good shape too. Considered the grill/bumper cover, but the narrow piece below the opening at the bottom is broken. I already have 1 fender, a hood and grill/bumper cover so I don't really NEED any of it except the fender I don't have. Just stockpiling spare parts, just in case, hoping I never need any of it. Then again, I plan to keep the '02 until either it or I can't go anymore. These don't show up here very often. Actually everything I got today are spare spare parts.

Kyle, your console and radio trim look good. I should do that on my '01. The finish on those parts is really worn and looks bad.

Did that sport have the radiator splash shield? Collecting parts is a smart move- wish I had the space, I don't think I even seen a sport (let alone a st) at the yard last I went.

The radio bezel is all thanks to you, I couldn't be happier the way it turned out- just have to redo the piece for the instrument cluster and do the door pulls and I'm done

Did that sport have the radiator splash shield? Collecting parts is a smart move- wish I had the space, I don't think I even seen a sport (let alone a st) at the yard last I went.

The radio bezel is all thanks to you, I couldn't be happier the way it turned out- just have to redo the piece for the instrument cluster and do the door pulls and I'm done

Yes.

koda, he's asking if the Sport I saw in the salvage yard yesterday has the splash shield, and I'm not sure what part he's referring to.

Kyle, I just sold you the part. I had nothing to do with what you've done with it.

not sure why my pics don't show, do I have to be elite member?

Whether you're an elite member or not, and I recommend it, any time you add an attachment, go through the normal steps - click on paper clip, browse, add attachment/upload, etc. Then you have to click on the paper clip again and choose "manage". That will insert your photo or whatever right into your post. I think that last step throws people off because it appears your attachment has been added and should show, but it won't unless you click the paper clip the second time then "manage".

koda, he's asking if the Sport I saw in the salvage yard yesterday has the splash shield, and I'm not sure what part he's referring to.

Kyle, I just sold you the part. I had nothing to do with what you've done with it.

I believe he's talking about the black plastic box located under the radiator (not really a splash shield). I could be wrong, as there are also air deflectors on the sides and top of the radiator.

Sorry for the confusion on terms. I thought the shield below the radiator was a deflector shield/cover. I do have the little flaps on the sides of the radiator but I'm looking for the shield/cover for the top (wraps around the hood latch and extends/lays on top the headlights.

I can get a new for 40$ plus shipping from Tasca? but if a used 1 would be cheaper- I'd go that way

Sorry for the confusion on terms. I thought the shield below the radiator was a deflector shield/cover. I do have the little flaps on the sides of the radiator but I'm looking for the shield/cover for the top (wraps around the hood latch and extends/lays on top the headlights.

I can get a new for 40$ plus shipping from Tasca? but if a used 1 would be cheaper- I'd go that way

Your truck would have had one. A used one would definitely be less expensive. Probably a couple of dollars. Does it make a difference? Not in my experience. One of my 2000 Mountaineers is missing this piece and it makes no difference whatsoever, still if I came across one I'd replace it.

Whether you're an elite member or not, and I recommend it, any time you add an attachment, go through the normal steps - click on paper clip, browse, add attachment/upload, etc. Then you have to click on the paper clip again and choose "manage". That will insert your photo or whatever right into your post. I think that last step throws people off because it appears your attachment has been added and should show, but it won't unless you click the paper clip the second time then "manage".

Thank you for providing me the missing step, that helps. I also noticed I posted my 1998 in the wrong area anyway.

It serves as a nice tool shelf.

That's the main reason- I can't tell you how many times I dropped something and it lands on top of the bottom air deflector/shield.

I didn't have it when I bought it used. It's been on my parts list for some time but like I said haven't been so lucky to have sports or st at the junk yard. I know I can get it new but it's not that high on the list to warrant but a used 1 would be nice to get my hands on. So if anyone happens to be at a yard and see 1, don't need 1 and can cover it for me- I'll buy it :D just throwning it out there (I am good for it)

I'll be back to look at the Sport again and I'll get that piece if it has one.

I went to the yard I go to a lot and they got a rolled ST in this week. Sounds about like the one you saw but sure its not. This one had the doors and B Pillar off due to the people having to be cut out I guess. The bed is decent, in black but the front end and cab are toast. 230K on it and its 2wd drive. I can look for other pieces if anyone is interested.

I'll be back to look at the Sport again and I'll get that piece if it has one.

Got it. It was loose in the back of the Sport. Part # is 1L54 8C291 ABW, which is slightly different than shown above, but is identical to the one on my '01. Part # is on the back, so I don't know what # is on mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

picked up my "RED" topper today from the paint shop , they matched the color of my Trac perfectly , and for only $125 , red to silver ..
picture.php

Anyone in Florida need a "like New" factory Tonneau Cover ??

Back